Anthony Joshua vs Joseph Parker: official predictions.
(07-01-2016, 09:44 PM)diehard Wrote: Is the bodyshot a chink in his armour?  Team Parker said they found the weakness against Breazeale.  Wasn't a body shot.  Just curious if anyone noticed a weakness AJ had against Breazeale.

quote='Boxingfan25' pid='8953' dateline='1467356408']
AJ can't take a bodyshot and it just so happens that JP is a Beautiful body puncher. This fight is going to be so exciting and AJ is going to get one hell of a wake up call when he fights Parker. The problem with AJ is he's got Eddie and Barry Hearn constantly telling him how great he is when he hasn't even done anything yet LOL
[/quote]

Poor punch selection.

Pretty much the only negative from that fight.
Yes it is Die. Against Dillian Whyte I don't remember what round it was in but Whyte hit him to the body and almost bent him in half. Brezeale spoke about how he was going to target the body of AJ as he saw it as a weakness but of course he forgot to throw punches so wasn't able to expose that weakness where as JP will.
(07-01-2016, 10:05 PM)Boxingfan25 Wrote: Yes it is Die. Against Dillian Whyte I don't remember what round it was in but Whyte hit him to the body and almost bent him in half. Brezeale spoke about how he was going to target the body of AJ as he saw it as a weakness but of course he forgot to throw punches so wasn't able to expose that weakness where as JP will.

No.

Whyte landed punches to the body because joshua was head hunting, impatient and left the body open to be hit.

Since then he's learned from that and boxes at range patiently. 

If breazele had tried throwing bodyshot from range he'd have been countered. You can't just lunge in from outside with a bodyshot.

This is what I'm talking about parker fans don't know anything about boxing
I'm going to try and not let the blind devotion to all things JP get to me from now on, I suggest you try the same.
Inferno you are such an AJ fanboy. Time will tell who was right and who was wrong and let's not forget I was right about Tyson Fury beating klit when mostly everyone if not everyone else on this forum predicted a Klitschko win but yeah I'm a Parker fan boy so know nothing about boxing.....
Even if he beats AJ he won't get the credit for it from the AJ buff boy lovers. Just how people gave Fury no chance of beating Wlad, when he did they just say Wlad was crap and is past it.
I saw Parker talking about how confident he is about this fight. I couldn't help but think - is he for real? Is this about a practical outlook from Parker, allowing lonergan and Barry to boost him for cash so he also hits a payday... or is he possibly not seeing Joshua for who he is - a bigger stronger fighter with a killer instinct for knockouts. My prediction is that Parker will give Aj a hard workout mentally and physically but will catch one two many and drop out in 9th.
Truth be told, none of the champs have been properly tested. Fury beat a passive Klit, Wilder?, Parker (maybe Takam), AJ?, Ortiz? This results in much speculation, as we don't know how these guys would do against top competition.
http://www.boxingscene.com/anthony-joshuas-fall-options-stiverne-jennings-pulev-parker--106249
(07-02-2016, 12:04 PM)diehard Wrote: Truth be told, none of the champs have been properly tested.  Fury beat a passive Klit, Wilder?, Parker (maybe Takam), AJ?, Ortiz?  This results in much speculation, as we don't know how these guys would do against top competition.

Is Parker a champ now die? Only on this forum :-)