S
Osmel Mayorga 2 0 0
pro boxing

super bantam Rajon Chance debut
S
Joseph Robert Quintana 0 2 0
pro boxing
Results from Sheffield, England

In a final eliminator for the IBF featherweight title, #4 rated Kid Galahad (27-1, 16 KOs) took apart #5 Claudio Marrero (24-4, 17 KOs) over eight rounds. Marrero’s corner pulled their man out after the eighth round to end the one-sided affair.

As expected, female super featherweight Terri Harper (10-0, 5 KOs), a 9:1 favorite, took the WBC female title from Eva Wahlstrom (22-2, 3 KOs) via ten round unanimous decision. Harper dropped Wahlstrom in round seven. Scores were 98-91, 99-90, 99-90.

Heavyweight David Allen (18-5-2, 15 KOs) returned from his July loss to David Price with a third round KO over Dorian Darch (12-12-1, 1 KO), who is 0-8-1 in his last nine. Darch down twice in round three.

IBF #7 super featherweight Martin J Ward (24-1-2, 11 KOs) scored a shut out ten round unanimous decision over Jesus Amparan (16-2, 14 KOs). Ward dropped Amparo in rouser seven and ten en route to a 100-88 win.
Brook returns with KO, Galahad stops Marrero

After having no fights in 2019, former IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook (39-2, 27 KOs) returned with a seventh round KO over the very game Mark DeLuca (24-2, 13 KOs) in a super welterweight clash on Saturday at the FlyDSA Arena in Sheffield, England. Brook dropped DeLuca in round three and punished him until landing a hard left jab to end it.
Hope everyone enjoyed the morning boxing. For FREE. Now the afternoon session starts at 3PM, after Lunch. Here are the undercard results so far:

Russell/Rigo Undercard Results

By Kurt Wolfheimer at ringside

PPL Center, Allentown, Pennsylvania:

2016 US Olympian and super lightweight knockout artist Gary Antuanne Russell (13-0, 13KOs) needed only two minutes and twelve seconds to stop veteran super lightweight Jose Marrufo (12-10-2, 1 KO). Russell was in control from the opening bell and had Marrufo on retreat. Marrufo dropped his hands for a second and that was all Russell would need as he floored him with a right hook on the button for the knockout victory.

Jonathan Rodriguez won a hard fought six round slugfest over Edson Eduardo Neri (3-5, 2 KOs) to up his record to 8-0, 3 KOs. It looked like it would be an early stoppage for Rodriguez as he blasted away in the opening two rounds, but the Iron chinned Neri continued to press forward with hard hooks which appeared to take very close fourth and fifth rounds. Rodriguez slick movement and hard counters had him won the final round. All three judges saw the bout in favor of Jonathon Rodriguez by scores of 60-54 x 2 and 58-56 respectively for the unanimous decision victory.

Former National Golden Gloves champion and undefeated bantamweight Gary Antonio Russell (17-0, 13 KOs) won by a sixth round disqualification over Columbian Jesus “Sargento” Martinez (27-11, 13 KOs). Russell controlled the fight throughout with a steady mixture of combinations in the center of the ring. Martinez was sent to his knees with a left hook to the body in the sixth.. He rose to his feet and constantly held until he was disqualified at 1:31 of the sixth round.

Debuting super bantamweight Rajon Chance dropped Joseph Quintana (0-3) once and then battered him until the bout was called off at the 1:45 mark of the opening round.

In the opening bout of the evening welterweight Marlon Bolen (4-0, 3 KOs) stopped twenty five fight veteran Larry Ventus (9-15-1, 4 KOs) at 2:58 of the second round.
Here's the Kell Brook result:

Brook stops DeLuca – Sheffield Live Updates
Andy Brooks - February 8, 2020 1 Comment

Kell Brook (39-2, 27 KOs) looked as good as new on Saturday night in returning from a 14 month layoff to crush his over-matched opponent Mark DeLuca (24-2, 13 KOs) in stopping him in the 7th round at the FlyDSA Arena in Sheffield, England.

Brook wore the 31-year-old American DeLuca down slowly before flattening him with a big left in the 7th. The 33-year-old Brook dominated DeLuca from start to finish in systematically breaking him down with heavy power shots in close.

DeLuca made Brook’s job a lot easier by fighting with his back against the ropes, and not letting his hands go the wy he needed to. Obviously, DeLuca was well chosen by Brook’s promoter Eddie Hearn to make sure that he wasn’t a big threat, as Kell had been out of the ring for 14 months coming into tonight’s contest.

“Brook is a different person, he was spiteful,” said Matchroom boss Eddie Hearn after the fight. “Brook showed he’s still got everything left, now he’s got the mind, brain and engine. He can become a two-weight world champion. If Brook and [Liam] Smith fight, that would be a final eliminator for the WBO world title.”

Former featherweight world title challenger Kid Galahad (27-1, 16 KOs) beat Claudio Marrero (24-4, 17 KOs) by an 8th round knockout in an IBF 126-lb title eliminator on Saturday night at the Sheffield Arena in Sheffield, England. The contest was halted by Marrero’s corner after the round ended.

The victory for Galahad, 29, makes him the mandatory for IBF featherweight champion Josh Warrington, who beat him last June by a 12 round split decision. It’s fortunate for Galahad that he’s now in position for a quick rematch.

“I’m over the moon, I knew I had to bring my A-game, he could do everything,” said Galahad to Sky Sports after his win. “After last time against Warrington, I couldn’t leave anything to the judges.”
One of the fights of the year. Heaps of skill and power shots. Coulda gone either way:

Arboleda edges Velez in WBA eliminator

Jaime “Little James” Arboleda (16-1, 13 KOs) survived a knockdown in the tenth round to pull out a razor-thin split decision victory over Jayson “La Maravilla” Velez (29-6-1, 21 KOs) in a WBA world super featherweight eliminator on Saturday night at the PPL Center, Allentown, Pennsylvania.

Arboleda appeared to take control in rounds 5 through seven with heavy hooks, but Velez wouldn’t back down and countered well. Velez rocked Arboleda in the tenth. Velez seemed to know he needed a knockout in the twelfth and final round. He almost got his wish as he dropped Arboleda with a five-punch combination. Arboleda was in bad shape as Velez continued to bang away. Arboleda held several times as Velez continued the onslaught, but the bell sounded before Velez could land a last big shot. One judge saw the bout 115-112 for Jayson Velez, but was overruled as the other two officials saw it 114-113 for Jaime Arboleda, giving him the split nod.
Good fight with Russell and Tug. Russell deserved the victory, as he was the busier fighter. The Arboleda/Velez fight was fantastic, but the Rigo fight was a dud. Hope you enjoyed the day of boxing:

Russell retains WBC featherweight title

Gary Russell Jr. (31-1, 18 KOs) retained his WBC Featherweight title with a hard-fought twelve round unanimous decision victory over Tugstsogt Nyambayar (11-1, 9 KOs) on Saturday night at the PPL Center, Allentown, Pennsylvania.

It was a classic sharpshooter versus Puncher. Nyambayar was the heavier puncher and made many of the rounds hard to call, but Russell Jr took over the in the later rounds using his ring generalship and swifter combinations to outwork the aggressive and harder-hitting Mongolian. All three judges saw the bout in favor of Gary Russell Jr by scores of 116-112, 117-111 and 118-110.

Gary Russell Jr: “We put the work in every day in the gym. I’m a perfectionist. We knew we had a very tough opponent and I knew he was going to bring his physical best. He had everything to gain and nothing to lose. We just focused and showed I’m one of the longest-reigning champions for a reason

“The difference was ring generalship, hand speed and boxing IQ. He only had 11 pro fights, of course he was an Olympic silver medalist, but he only had those 11 pro fights. I’ve had over 30 and I think my experience was enough to overcome and win this fight.

“We never take a day off. I’ll probably be back in the gym next week. We’ll keep our wheels turning and stay sharp. If we have to move up in weight for these top fighters to feel like they have an advantage and take the fight, then we’ll do it.”

Tugstsogt Nyambayar: “It wasn’t my night. He was the better man tonight. I didn’t do my work the way I was supposed to. He is a great champion who fought a great fight. I made a mistake by waiting for him during the fight. I’d love the rematch if I can get it. I want to thank the Mongolian fans for coming out tonight and I’m grateful to everyone in Mongolia.”
No, they didn't impress. Russell got rocked, and Tug could have maybe pulled an upset if he attacked more. And Rigo, he was awful against ordinary competition in Solis:

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/gary-russell-jr-decisions-tugstsogt-nyambayar/142798