Teper failed drugs test vs Price
http://www.boxingscene.com/erkan-teper-reportedly-fails-drug-test-price-ko--99637

Just noticed this today, might be one contender we don't have to worry about!
(12-22-2015, 08:58 AM)james5000 Wrote: http://www.boxingscene.com/erkan-teper-reportedly-fails-drug-test-price-ko--99637

Just noticed this today, might be one contender we don't have to worry about!

I'm always a little bit sceptical that any of these sports cheats will stay away from the sport for any significant amount of time.  Think 12 month suspension - some boxers stay inactive for a year by choice!

In saying that, from the reports I've read (from Bad Left Hook I think), it mentions that police actually raided Teper's home and found a stash of incriminating evidence, so it sounds like he's definitely not of the "I wasn't aware I was cheating" variety and might actually spend time behind jail, if that's all true.  In that case, what you say might come true as well.  I hope so, these cheats need to be gotten rid of.
So this opens up a chance for Chisora (maybe) to fight Helenius? ...and maybe give Joshua a chance to fight the winner?

There is so much speculation out there in the HW division at the moment, and it's bloody great.
It sounds like he's in a lot more trouble from the police raid, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the results were only released by the German commision, after they found out about the police raid.
Apparently he also failed a test in June 2014!

From badlefthook;
"Bayerischer Rundfunk also claim that Teper is under investigation on suspicion of unlawful possession of doping substances such as clenbuterol, testosterone, growth hormone and Methandrostenolone after the drugs were found during a raid.
The B.R. link also claims that Teper tested positive for drostanolone after his win over Newfel Ouatah last June. As of this writing, the win has not been overturned."

Helenius has looked extremely average in his last 2 comeback fights (one was an exhibition), and he's now been gifted the IBF International and EBU titles.
So on the back of fighting guys ranked 99, 200 and 181, after 2 years off, he'll probably be in the top 5 of the IBF and WBA
He is 22-0 though...

I think you could be right NakiFan, it would make sense for Chisora to fight Helenius, and if he wins, he'll get a big payday, as that's a belt AJ wants.
Or Chisora and AJ go ahead as planned and the winner fights Helenius.

UNLESS - David Price, with the result overturned complains to the various commisions, fights Helenius, while Chisora fights AJ, setting up a Price v AJ dream for Eddie.

Hahaha - more possible combinations than a rubik's cube for the heavies.
(12-22-2015, 04:25 PM)gothenaki Wrote: It sounds like he's in a lot more trouble from the police raid, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the results were only released by the German commision, after they found out about the police raid.
Apparently he also failed a test in June 2014!

From badlefthook;
"Bayerischer Rundfunk also claim that Teper is under investigation on suspicion of unlawful possession of doping substances such as clenbuterol, testosterone, growth hormone and Methandrostenolone after the drugs were found during a raid.
The B.R. link also claims that Teper tested positive for drostanolone after his win over Newfel Ouatah last June. As of this writing, the win has not been overturned."

Helenius has looked extremely average in his last 2 comeback fights (one was an exhibition), and he's now been gifted the IBF International and EBU titles.
So on the back of fighting guys ranked 99, 200 and 181, after 2 years off, he'll probably be in the top 5 of the IBF and WBA
He is 22-0 though...

I think you could be right NakiFan, it would make sense for Chisora to fight Helenius, and if he wins, he'll get a big payday, as that's a belt AJ wants.
Or Chisora and AJ go ahead as planned and the winner fights Helenius.

UNLESS - David Price, with the result overturned complains to the various commisions, fights Helenius, while Chisora fights AJ, setting up a Price v AJ dream for Eddie.

Hahaha - more possible combinations than a rubik's cube for the heavies.

Price vs Joshua would be interesting while it lasted
Price seems up for AJ fight after his rumoured sparring ko. Could he land 1st this time? 

Still think Helenius would ko him 1st though.

Kind of wanted to see Teper fight the best in the division just to see how he would go.