Kovalev vs Yarde this weekend
Kovalev a slight favorite to retain belt

WBO world light heavyweight champion Sergey “Krusher” Kovalev (33-3-1, 28 KOs) is only a slight favorite over mandatory challenger Anthony Yarde (18-0, 17 KOs) when they clash Saturday night in Chelyabinsk, Russia live on ESPN+ and BT Sport 2.
The 36-year-old hometown hero Kovalev is a -157 favorite while Yarde backers can get +143. For Kovalev, it’s his first defense since regaining the title from Eleider Alvarez. The largely unproven Yarde, 28, is coming off a TKO5 against Travis Reeves.
I'm not sure how the bookies have Kovalev as only a slight favourite for this one? Not only is he fighting in his home town but he is proven at this level unlike Yarde, who is yet to fight anyone with a pulse...looks like there are more cab drivers and pizza delivery boys on his record than professional boxers!: https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/716443
Anthony Yarde: “I’m just going to literally go in the ring and be myself. I’m going to focus on myself, be the best that I can be and get the knockout victory because that’s what I feel like I need to do to win the fight. I don’t know which round. I’m not a psychic… but that’s my plan. In boxing you can’t predict rounds. I’ve just got to go in there with a goal in my head and produce.”

Sergey Kovalev: “We did have an offer (from Canelo Alvarez) but we can talk about that after Saturday night. Official agreements were already made with Antony Yarde. My primary task is to defend the title. If the fight is still interesting for Canelo afterwards then OK…I understand Anthony Yarde’s ambitions. He calls himself a lion but to me he is a cub. He is so young. I will have to get rid of all that baby fur off his skin so he will run away back home. It is clear he comes here and he wants to be like that. I have this experience. Now is my time.”
I really like Anthony Yarde, he comes across very well. I remember seeing a blog post he did talking about boxers selling tickets to get on shows. He said he's lucky because he got signed up by a top promoter straight away and he can't imagine how hard it would be to work a full time job,train and then have to sell tickets to barely make ends meat. This is a big ask, Kovalev is a beast and in Russia as well..... Yarde has a good chance, I hope it's not just my heart talking though :-)
I'll check tomorrow to see if it's on SKY POP UP, or whether they are on PPV. And the time also.
(08-22-2019, 11:15 PM)diehard Wrote: I'll check tomorrow to see if it's on SKY POP UP, or whether they are on PPV.  And the time also.

It's on Spark Sport.
(08-22-2019, 11:56 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 11:15 PM)diehard Wrote: I'll check tomorrow to see if it's on SKY POP UP, or whether they are on PPV.  And the time also.

It's on Spark Sport.

Will it be PPV or be covered under the normal monthly subscription? I can't find any info on this but Spark Sport do offer a free 7 day trial so might be one way to see this fight?
https://fightnews.com/kovalev-yarde-make-weight/52584
(08-24-2019, 12:53 PM)nullanulla Wrote:

It's on Spark Sport.

Will it be PPV or be covered under the normal monthly subscription? I can't find any info on this but Spark Sport do offer a free 7 day trial so might be one way to see this fight?

Covered under normal subscription.
(08-24-2019, 07:02 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 12:53 PM)nullanulla Wrote:

It's on Spark Sport.

Covered under normal subscription.

Thanks, I have taken out a trial subscription so looking forward to seeing this one. Coverage runs from 4:30-7:30am with the main event scheduled for around 6:30am.