AJ vs Whyte on Sky
(12-14-2015, 03:55 PM)diehard Wrote: Mippy, good article.  Honestly though.  Does anyone think that AJ is slower than Klit was in his prime.  Or his jab not as good as Klit's?  To me, the main issue is that Klit stopped getting hit flush after he got together with Manny.  Whereas AJ WAS getting hit with a few power shots by Whyte.  And Parker is a lot faster with at least as much power as Whyte.  

Both are still improving, and I see both of them (and maybe Izu too) wiping out the heavyweight divisiion, bar Wilder.

Does AJ have a jab? I saw no evidence of it in the last fight.
(12-14-2015, 05:06 PM)Ina Mungstit Wrote: Great site you got going here guys, glad to have found it. Smile  Was getting sick of the mindless critical banter on Stuffs comment section.

I have to agree with diehard in that people seem overly critical of AJ, especially here in NZ. I suppose its natural when we have such a promising prospect of our own. I must admit that in spite of being a huge fan of both AJ and JP, i too seem to find flaws in AJs game that upon second look arent really there. Found myself cheering Whyte in Round 2, thinking he had Joshua in trouble, but upon 2nd watch, he took it well. The body punch late in round 2 definitely slowed him down in round 3, but he came back and took control well after that.

It will be interesting to see how hard AJs camp work him in 2016, having been just as busy as Parker in 14/15.

Do you guys think they will focus on just 3 quality fights but work on positioning him as a mandatory, or keep working on his development against lesser competition? And in saying that, if they choose the later, is that indicative that there were weaknesses exposed against Whyte that still need working on?
Are Parker and Joshua effectively focusing on the same titles being IBF and WBO?

AJ and JP fights ild like to see next year.

Parker v Ustinov Parker v Lucas Browne
Joshua v Chisora  Joshua v Haye

Followed by a couple of Parker fights in the UK toward the end of the year.

Exciting time to be a HW boxing fan, after years of the dull drums, could it again be as glorious as the mid 90s.
Welcome Ina!

Haha - i thought when I invited people to nzboxchat in the Stuff comments section, it would have been moderated.
Hopefully you're the first of many! (Now you know my real name...)
AJ v Chisora is almost a certainty. Fury handled him with ease, so will be a yard-stick for AJ
I think we all want to see Ustinov for Parker. Only 1 loss, big, respected fighter.
Joshua Haye will happen for the Wembley big bucks
If Lucas loses to Chagaev (as expected), he'll be in the same no-mans-land as Leapai. Asking too much money without offering rankings
Welcome Ina Mungstit. You're right - it is a exciting time to be a boxing fan
Ina, Gothe answered most of your questions. But to add one, yes, Parker is through with less experienced guys, having practiced on a tall guy in Martz and a southpaw in January, Bergman. Now we're at the business end for two reasons: 1) Duco can't afford to have journeymen come here anymore, and 2) Parker is well positioned to make his run for the title. I see him facing Teper or Ustinov in April, and then whoever the IBF deem necessary to defeat for a title shot in July. And then a title shot at the end of 2016. There's a lot of ifs, as everyone is scrambling to position themselves, so we'll see...

Welcome aboard, and thanks for the shout out to Stuff comments folks, Gothe.
Cheers for the welcome team.

I wont tell them your real name Gothe, if you dont tell them mine Smile, the number of people that think Ina Mungstit is a legitimate birth name, obvs never say it out loud. Yer i figured Chisora was on Joshuas radar, logical next step. But am curious if you can read into how their camp rate the Whyte performance, by who they line up for him in the next few.

Do you think Lucas losing to Chagaev will push him outside the top 10 WBC, as it seems Stu Duncan is intent on getting JP a WBC ranking. And Brown maybe the open door.

Diehard do you really think JPs title run will be that soon? Given how much he can still learn and the HW fighting prime (imho about 28) wouldnt they be better waiting but upping the anti?
Seems premature. Or do you just strike while the irons hot and the divisions are open? Do you think they would be running for the title next year if Klit was still champ?
I was away for the weekend, so just caught the fight on Youtube.

As you recall, I was giving Whyte a 50/50 chance and also calling for a WAR between these two.

Well - I have to hand it to Joshua. He was a class above. I also feel SIZE had a big role in this fight. Whyte was not physically large enough to impose his will for long.

(Our own Joseph Parker is 2 inches taller - bigger and faster than Whyte). But I thought AJ showed good power, accuracy and class.

He belongs in the top tier.

Next year we find out if Parker does.

-Kiwi
Parker and Whyte are both 6'4." But I agree with you, AJ's size played a bigger role than folks are acknowledging.
In that case, Parker may have trouble with AJ just based on size.

Something to think about...

-Kiwi
I think he will, Kiwi. He has to get to AJ, land, and get out without getting hit.
AJ set to fight Dereck Chisora on April 9th at the O2 in London