NZ boxing - News,Views and gossip.
Didn't see the fight on youtube.
I haven't had a decent look Die but does the fact it was on UFC Fight Pass mean it's less likely to appear on youtube? I have no idea how it all works but they do tend to keep their footage pretty well locked down. Pat is pretty active on Instagram so I will check there after work
Thanks AM, very early days. Don't expect Pat to the new future of the HW division but I do expect him to go pretty good and be in some great fights to watch
This is a strange card https://boxrec.com/en/event/796990
It is weird, as no fight is carrying the undercard. I like Andrei, but he needs to be fighting better competition after he beat Gunnar.
Apart from Andrei, all the home fighters are from Pakistan and the away fighters from India....
(10-23-2019, 11:50 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: Apart from Andrei, all the home fighters are from Pakistan and the away fighters from India....

Diversity???
(10-24-2019, 09:35 AM)diehard Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 11:50 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: Apart from Andrei, all the home fighters are from Pakistan and the away fighters from India....

Diversity???

Insanity, they hate each other. I'd say it could be tasty, Interesting there's a guy called Balloch on the bill. There was a boxer from Pakistan/New Zealand https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/42478
He's a promoter in Pakistan now, so putting 2 and 2 together. He must be involved.
You may well be right. This is from the bush telegraph so probably not 100% accurate but sounds like an overseas promoter wanted a neutral venue for an Indian v Pakistan event and an opportunity opened up through a contact in NZ who I believe could be Bruce Glozier. It's more targeted at the ex-pat markets rather than Kiwis. Would hate to think what the costs are in putting it on but if it comes off as planned it has to be a good thing for boxing in this country.
Andrei's fight is obviously just to drum up some interest from the Auckland market.
(10-23-2019, 10:56 PM)diehard Wrote: It is weird, as no fight is carrying the undercard.  I like Andrei, but he needs to be fighting better competition after he beat Gunnar.

Understand what you are saying but don't forget Andrei is only 21 and had a limited amateur career. He's still learning and developing physicly so there's no huge rush and he's now at the stage where guys either want big $$$ to fight him unless they are levels above or below him so matching him wouldn't be easy