Thurman/Pacman July20th
Thurman: My prediction? Less than six rounds

Undefeated WBA Welterweight World Champion Keith “One Time” Thurman hosted media at the St. Pete Boxing Club in Florida Wednesday as he showed off his skills in advance of his Saturday, July 20 showdown against eight-division world boxing champion Senator Manny “PacMan” Pacquiao headlining a FOX Sports pay-per-view event from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
[Image: keith_thurman.jpg?resize=600%2C400&ssl=1]

Photo: Damon Gonzalez/TGB Promotions

Keith Thurman: “I bet none of Pacquiao’s sparring partners were going at his body. Keith ‘One Time’ Thurman is going to touch the body. I want to know how he reacts…my prediction? Less than six rounds. I would love to be 30-0 with 23 knockouts. We’ve got 22 and we’ve held those 22 knockouts for a little too long. It’s time to get one more knockout.

“The time is now. I can’t be the underdog because I am the undefeated champion of the world. He’s the legend, but I have 10 years of youth on my side. However, we’ve seen world champions and legends do tremendous things at later dates. For example, Bernard Hopkins won the world title at 45 years old. Is Manny Pacquiao that kind of world champion? Keith Thurman will be the first one to find out.”
https://fightnews.com/pacquiao-roach-quick-quotes/49614
Manny Pacquiao: I have something to prove

By David Robinett

Ratcheting up the interest before his showdown against Keith “One Time” Thurman (29-0, 22 KOs) in Las Vegas for the WBA welterweight title, Manny “Pac Man” Pacquiao (61-7-2, 39 KOs) and his Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach spoke with reporters on a media conference call this past Thursday. As usual, the Senator from the Philippines and his long-time mentor were low-key but confident about taking on yet another younger opponent looking to score a career-defining win at their expense.

“A lot of people are doubting my ability at the age of 40, so I have something to prove,” observed Pacquiao. “Right now, I’m still hungry and still enjoying this, and still doing my best.”
Pacquiao added, “Believe me, this is very interesting fight for me, its been a long time since I’ve focused like this. [Thurman] is well prepared for this fight because he’s not fighting [Josesito] Lopez, he’s fighting Manny Pacquiao, so I expect him to work hard and to be 100%.”

Trainer Roach was more direct in his assessment of the undefeated Thurman, who is only fighting for the second time in nearly two and a half years. “He’s young and all that but I don’t think he’s the best Manny’s faced [since Floyd Mayweather]. He’s a good solid guy who should make for a very good fight.”

Roach continued to break down Thurman’s chances, commenting on Thurman’s boast to “come at” Pacquiao. “Talk’s talk, let’s see who really shows up,” said Roach, noting that Thurman isn’t the first opponent to declare his intentions but fail to back it up in the ring. “Thurman’s a strong guy, he’s a good puncher, but he hasn’t been in the ring with the speed that Manny Pacquiao has. Most people are overwhelmed with his speed once they get into the ring, even at 40 years old its as good as ever.”

Pacquiao was also asked about whether a more aggressive Thurman would play into his hands. “I’m not predicting a knockout, I don’t want to be careless in the fight, but if he gives me the chance, why not,” explained Pacquiao. “I have to grab the opportunity to knock him out if its there. I think Thurman has speed, he’s quick, but I have to be careful in the fight, to make sure everything is fine.”

Regardless of how things play out in the ring, both Pacquiao and Roach sounded pleased with their preparation leading into next Saturday night. “We’ve had a very good training camp, some good sparring,” said Roach. “We have one more day of sparring today and then we’ll close camp down and get ready for the fight.”

Pacquaio, in particular, sounded enthusiastic about how training camp went, adding that even now, in the twilight of his career, he still enjoys the lead up to the fight. “I really love exercise, I’m addicted to exercise,” explained Pacquiao. “Even if I don’t have a fight, I exercise four or five hours almost every day.”

Despite his love for training, Pacquiao noted how he and his team have adjusted their training regimen for his last few bouts to account for his age, something he felt was necessary after his controversial loss to Jeff Horn in July 2017. “In the Horn fight, I feel like I overtrained, I have to admit that,” acknowledged Pacquaio. “But this time around, my coaching staff, they were watching me closely. After the Horn fight we learned a lot and changed the training, changed a number of things to give my body rest, because its hard to recover [at his age].”

Beyond next Saturday, Pacquiao was also asked what his goals were at this stage of his career, particularly with his political career offering him a calling outside of the sport. “I just want to maintain my name in the top of boxing,” answered Pacquiao. “I’m continuing my career because boxing is my passion, especially because God gave me blessings of good health, speed and power.”

Getting in the last word, (and likely unable to resist one last dig at Pacquiao’s opponent), Roach concluded the conference call by riffing on Thurman’s nickname, joking that “It’s going to be ‘One-Time’ vs. ‘All-Time’.”

Pacquiao vs. Thurman will take place July 20, 2019, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, in the main event of a Premier Boxing Champions promotion on FOX Sports Pay-Per-View.
Live on Sky Arena for $34.95. Don't think I'll be paying that as Pacquiao is old and Thurman not particularly good. Who's everybody got? Despite his age I think Pacman outworks Thurman and gets the decision.
Amir Khan says he's signed to fight Pacman next in Saudi Arabia in November.
https://fightnews.com/pacquiao-thurman-make-weight/50167
I've bought this card instead of the Whyte v Rivas one. Has anyone else bought this one?
MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
commission Nevada Athletic Commission
promoter TGB Promotions - Tom Brown, MP Promotions - Manny Pacquiao
matchmaker Tom Brown
television USA FOX PPV, Panama Telemetro Channel 13

welterweight Keith Thurman 29 0 0
S
Manny Pacquiao 61 7 2

World Boxing Association Super World Welterweight Title
welterweight Yordenis Ugas 23 4 0
S
Omar Figueroa Jr 28 0 1

bantamweight Luis Nery 29 0 0
S
Juan Carlos Payano 21 2 0

World Boxing Council Silver Bantamweight Title
super middleweight Caleb Plant 18 0 0
S
Mike Lee 21 0 0

International Boxing Federation World Super Middleweight Title
heavyweight Efe Ajagba 10 0 0
S
Ali Eren Demirezen 11 0 0

welterweight Abel Ramos 24 3 2
S
Jimmy Williams 16 2 1

flyweight Genisis Libranza 18 1 0
S
Carlos Maldonado 11 3 0

featherweight John Leo Dato 11 0 1
S
Juan Antonio Lopez 14 6 0

welterweight Sergey Lipinets 15 1 0
S
Jayar Inson 18 2 0
So the undercard is pretty good, I was wrong on that!
Mrs D bought this fight for me also. What's money, if you can't spend it? Can't have only African Monkey buying this...