the Monty Betham vs Shane Cameron bout
what was the deal with this fight? 6 2 minute rounds, heavyweight gloves, it was a big step up for Monty and a no win fight for Shane.
Was their legitimate bad blood between the pair? or did Montys antics on the night rile Shane up? because in the late rounds he unleashed some brutal body shots and really looked he was trying to badly hurt Monty
In the end though Monty survived and Shane won a decision yet seemed to take nothing of value away from the fight
What do you guys remember about this farce?
heres highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGhF2bXxQ4o
(07-04-2019, 07:13 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote: what was the deal with this fight? 6 2 minute rounds, heavyweight gloves, it was a big step up for Monty and a no win fight for Shane.
Was their legitimate bad blood between the pair? or did Montys antics on the night rile Shane up? because in the late rounds he unleashed some brutal body shots and really looked he was trying to badly hurt Monty
In the end though Monty survived and Shane won a decision yet seemed to take nothing of value away from the fight
What do you guys remember about this farce?
heres highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGhF2bXxQ4o

I remember exactly what you said about it. Monty was there to survive and Cameron wanted to hurt him but couldn't do it.
They are/were good friends, but Mr Higgins offered Shane $$$ if he'd KO Monty. Given the level they were both at, it was a mis-match, and Monty knew it.
(07-04-2019, 09:49 PM)diehard Wrote: They are/were good friends, but Mr Higgins offered Shane $$$ if he'd KO Monty.  Given the level they were both at, it was a mis-match, and Monty knew it.
I thought they offered Monty the cash?
(07-04-2019, 09:59 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 09:49 PM)diehard Wrote: They are/were good friends, but Mr Higgins offered Shane $$$ if he'd KO Monty.  Given the level they were both at, it was a mis-match, and Monty knew it.
I thought they offered Monty the cash?

From memory, I don't think so. Mr Higgins thought Cameron would carry him, and make for a boring fight. So Mr Higgins wanted Cameron to go for the KO. It could have been both ways though.