The SBWvsTillman and Botha fights
Nigs, good to have you back! Do you think that Botha was told to lose the fight? Cause he was close to a TKO when Koder stopped the fight. I also remember Botha hitting him with his famous double shots to the temple when they clinched to throw off SBW's balance. Just doesn't seem to me that Botha was trying to lose the fight. Maybe agreed to take it into the later rounds, but not lose.
(07-04-2019, 01:19 PM)diehard Wrote: Nigs, good to have you back! Do you think that Botha was told to lose the fight? Cause he was close to a TKO when Koder stopped the fight. I also remember Botha hitting him with his famous double shots to the temple when they clinched to throw off SBW's balance. Just doesn't seem to me that Botha was trying to lose the fight. Maybe agreed to take it into the later rounds, but not lose.

Hi Die, thanks mate hope all is well.

Botha was asked to throw the fight, when he declined to fall in line and throw the fight, it was agreed that he would carry the fight into the later rounds and then go to work.

Watch the fight again. you can see him start to work in the later rounds. when it looks like SBW is struggling, the fight is changed from 12 round to 10 and SBW holds on in the last round.
Yes, I remember an interview that Botha told when he was in some park, and he was approached to throw the fight. Your scenario makes sense, as that's what happened. So, if SBW gets stopped, it still makes SBW look like he's a fighter with potential, as opposed to being stopped early.