Cameron/Fa/Thunder/Wolfgramm
Rank these heavyweights from 1 to 4 in terms of boxing skill/ability heart chin stamina etc etc
looking back at Peaus record makes for interesting reading, he racked up some decent wins and was in with some top tier boxers. He was a powerful puncher but really struggled with guys who had good foot movement and quick hands. The first example of that was the Mike Hunter fight where he really got a boxing lesson and ended up getting stopped brutally https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7PmwWGuR4Y
two fights later he was stopped early by Derek Williams https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTTC7V0FBwQ
his two best wins were back to back over Tubbs and Berbick (although the Tubbs decision was controversial) he also lost via SD vs a young John Ruiz decisioned Tim Witherspoon and then he lost 5 of his last 6 fights. Monte Barrett eviscerated him and Paea Wolfgramm stopped him in rd 7.
Pretty sad about Jimmy I think he ended up penniless and with mental issues.
at his best a very good very dangerous heavyweight - not sure how dedicated to the sport he was but could stop a train with his right hand.
Didn't see too much of Wolframm but what I saw I would have him 3rd on this list.
Cameron did very well just lacked some speed to make up for being a small HW. The Tua loss tarnishes his rep in NZ - which is a shame but he really woke the giant in Tua who hadn't in years and never again did again reach that level of motivation.
Camerons body work was exceptional and he had a ticker.
I remember how easily Shane got cut, almost every fight
Yeah those cuts had a bearing on some of his results
was it friday Auhyana that he was winning then bled like a stuck pig into his eye... that was a shame at the time as he could have progressed from there.
The Monty Barrett win must have been a highlight for him especially after what Monty did to tua
(07-02-2019, 07:33 PM)bart Wrote: Yeah those cuts had a bearing on some of his results
was it friday Auhyana that he was winning then bled like a stuck pig into his eye... that was a shame at the time as he could have progressed from there.
The Monty Barrett win must have been a highlight for him especially after what Monty did to tua

Yup, that was the fight with Friday, pretty disappointing loss that one 
The Friday fight was a turning point, Shanes vision because of the cut was poor and he eventually got taken out. The Barrett fight was his greatest win and it shows you how styles can make for different fights. I get sick of hearing how poor he was because after that Tua fight he could have given it up and hidden under a rock but he came back dropped down a weight class and tested himself. The Danny Green fight was also one of his worst nights as he look drained and couldnt land enough power on Green but I really enjoyed the Dominic Vea fight. Im not sure if any version of Shane beats Brian Minto? that was a tough night and I never saw the Meehan fight but by the sound of it he was well beaten. Overall though Shane was a decent boxer with good dig, a decent chin and a big heart, his footwork was a little wooden and he cut way too easily but a good man and a proud warrior
Friday was a tough customer though, he had an iron chin and took Tua 12 rounds