Cameron/Fa/Thunder/Wolfgramm
I tell u what it kinda pisses me off the shite Cameron got after the Tua fight ( from casuals mainly) he made that fight happen and gave Tua a decent payday..
Im more disappointed that with all the promises Tua never returned to that level of competitiveness ..at least shane did.
Im not kicking Tua he did great things and in most other eras would have had a belt at some stage- but I don't think his head was always in the game and got worse as he aged.
Surely Cameron/Meehan/Thunder/Wolfgramm would of been better.
(07-03-2019, 10:58 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: Surely Cameron/Meehan/Thunder/Wolfgramm would of been better.

youre right mate. How good was Kali? I never saw much of him tbh
(07-03-2019, 12:09 AM)bart Wrote: I tell u what it kinda pisses me off the shite Cameron got after the Tua fight ( from casuals mainly) he made that fight happen and gave Tua a decent payday..
Im more disappointed that with all the promises Tua never returned to that level of competitiveness ..at least shane did.
Im not kicking Tua he did great things and in most other eras would have had a belt at some stage- but I don't think his head was always in the game and got worse as he aged.

The shite we were served up as the paying public after the Cameron fight! 2 fights against a shot to pieces Barrett who clearly should have both fights and knocked Tu down in the rematch, snoozefests against Demetrice King and Friday where David did fuck all except leap in with a telegraphed left hook now and again. His last fight against Ustinov was just horrible, he was lucky to have ended up on his feet against a slow lumbering journeyman. 
Saw some of those fights ringside. Tua was definitely on the slide...weirdly, if he had beaten Barrett II, Kushner told me Tua was going to fight Klit! However, after a fantastic 11th and 12th round, he lost the decision.
(07-03-2019, 11:58 AM)diehard Wrote: Saw some of those fights ringside.  Tua was definitely on the slide...weirdly, if he had beaten Barrett II, Kushner told me Tua was going to fight Klit!  However, after a fantastic 11th and 12th round, he lost the decision.

Kushner couldnt even keep his eyes open at ringside. Thank goodness Tua never won that fight then as Klit would have sent him to sleep badly
The fight I wanted to see in its day was Tua Briggs when both were unbeaten top prospects. It would have happened to if Briggs hadnt lost to Darrol Wilson. That would have been one hell of a war
Tua by far NZ's best ever HW fighter.... Meehan/Cameron/Thunder/Wolfgramm were all great Heavies too, but none had what David had.

Shane should have stayed at Cruiser. Was a very tough competitor.
Jimmy was a little one dimensional and got exposed up against smart boxers. But KO power to burn.
Paea was a strong boxer but lacked the movement. Great boxing brain and durable for a big man.
Khali was a late developer but got better with age. KO'd early in his career as an amateur by David Tua, but turned Pro and got better and better.
David's career was skyrocketing until the inhouse management scandal. Should have postponed the fight against Lewis. it would have been a completely different fight if his head was in the game. Was never right after the lengthy court battle. Such a shame and waste of one of the hardest hitting, and exciting HW's ever to not win a World Title. He really deserved it and proved it by beating many previous and future world champions.

All in all, NZ has been blessed with some great Heavies who have had their fair share of World limelight over the last couple of decades. They should all be commended for what they have achieved. Im glad I have been lucky enough to share the dressing room with all these guys. Both as a fighter and teammate.
(07-03-2019, 12:03 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote:
(07-03-2019, 11:58 AM)diehard Wrote: Saw some of those fights ringside.  Tua was definitely on the slide...weirdly, if he had beaten Barrett II, Kushner told me Tua was going to fight Klit!  However, after a fantastic 11th and 12th round, he lost the decision.

Kushner couldnt even keep his eyes open at ringside. Thank goodness Tua never won that fight then as Klit would have sent him to sleep badly

He just had back surgery. Could hardly walk. Barrett was pissed at him because he was Barrett's manager, and cheered Tua on as he knocked Monte down in the 12th.
(07-03-2019, 04:10 PM)Dannyboy Wrote: Tua by far NZ's best ever HW fighter.... Meehan/Cameron/Thunder/Wolfgramm were all great Heavies too, but none had what David had.

Shane should have stayed at Cruiser. Was a very tough competitor.
Jimmy was a little one dimensional and got exposed up against smart boxers. But KO power to burn.
Paea was a strong boxer but lacked the movement. Great boxing brain and durable for a big man.
Khali was a late developer but got better with age. KO'd early in his career as an amateur by David Tua, but turned Pro and got better and better.
David's career was skyrocketing until the inhouse management scandal. Should have postponed the fight against Lewis. it would have been a completely different fight if his head was in the game. Was never right after the lengthy court battle. Such a shame and waste of one of the hardest hitting, and exciting HW's ever to not win a World Title. He really deserved it and proved it by beating many previous and future world champions.

All in all, NZ has been blessed with some great Heavies who have had their fair share of World limelight over the last couple of decades. They should all be commended for what they have achieved. Im glad I have been lucky enough to share the dressing room with all these guys. Both as a fighter and teammate.

Yep, Tua clearly the best NZ heavyweight ever. If he had stayed with Duva, he would have gotten a world title belt.