Jeff Horn
Horn ready for Zerafa Saturday

By Ray Wheatley – World of Boxing

Former WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn is looking teach Michael Zerafa a lesson when they clash in a middleweight contest on Saturday in Bendigo, Victoria, Australia.

“Michael Zerafa has talked me down, Mundine did the same. Look what happened to him,” Horn told the Sydney Morning Herald. “He’s smug and arrogant when I’ve seen him, the way he chews gum in your face, the way he talks, the way he says I can’t box and he’s going to knock me out. There are a few things that do get under my skin. It all comes down to fight night. I never say I’ll knock people out…but it would be good to land some punches on him!”
Horn v Zerafa is on Sky channel 50 from 9PM Saturday night for those interested.
Im actually pretty excited to see this, should be a good fight Ive got my money on Horn
Horn, Zerafa make weight
FacebookTwitterReddit

Jeff Horn 159.3 vs. Michael Zerafa 159.1

Venue: Bendigo Stadium, Bendigo, Victoria, Australia
Promoter: Hosking Promotions
TV: Main Event (Australia)

Jeff Horn: “I know it’s gonna be a tough fight. It might go the distance, I don’t know. The only thing I’m thinking about is my hand being raised in the end.”

Michael Zerafa: “I’m going out there and will come back with that W. I will win.
Here's the undercard, sort of underwhelming.  The main event probably won't start until after midnite, NZ time.

middle Jeff Horn 19 1 1
S
Michael Zerafa 26 3 0
World Boxing Association Oceania Middle Title (supervisor: Francisco Martinez)

super bantam Brock Jarvis 16 0 0
S
Ernesto Saulong 22 4 2
vacant World Boxing Association Oceania Super Bantam Title (supervisor: Francisco Martinez)

super bantam Shannon O'Connell 17 6 1
S
Bianca Elmir 3 0 0

heavy Joseph Goodall 6 0 0
S
Christian Ndzie Tsoye 4 3 0

light heavy Issac Hardman 4 0 0
S
Mitchell Whitelaw 5 2 1

super welter Andrew Hunt 4 0 0
S
Ankush Hooda debut

feather Lorrinda Webb 1 0 0
S
Reanne Ware 0 1 0

middle Damien Lock 3 4 1
S
Bo Belbin 1 0 0
where to now for Horn? not sure he had any business up at middle weight, he was taking a beating toward the end of that fight, his corner should have saved him from himself in the 9th. Zerafa fought a very good fight and was a level above Jeff the entire fight
Taped the Horn fight. Will watch it in the next hour. Of course, Lara/Alvarez coming on later also. Boxing heaven.
Zerafa stops Horn in nine rounds

WBA #3 middleweight Jeff Horn (19-2-1, 13 KOs) suffered a ninth round knockout loss at the hands of fellow Australian Michael Zerafa (26-3, 16 KOs) ) in a scheduled twelve rounder in Bendigo, Victoria, Australia on Saturday. Zerafa started the contest in top gear and dropped Horn when he connected with a solid right hand in round two. Horn was cut in round three, but by round five Horn had found the range with solid combinations. Zerafa regained control of the bout in round seven and by round eight Horn was visibly tired. In round nine Zerafa dropped Horne and the referee called the fight off.

Horn was scheduled to challenge Ryota Murata for the WBA middleweight crown in Japan on December 23.
Horn doesn't belong at middleweight. His bottle has no muscle, and the punches are a lot harder at this weight. He'll never to anything more at welter, as the fighters are too good. Maybe Jr. Middleweight, where he has a better chance. From memory, he's not very disciplined with his diet, and I'm guessing he saw middleweight as eating what he wanted and still making weight.
Jeff Fenech slams New Zealand referee in Jeff Horn's loss

NZ referee Ferlin Martin was criticised for not stopping the fight as Jeff Horn struggled against Michael Zerafa.
Australian boxing great Jeff Fenech has slammed New Zealand referee Ferlin Martin for not stopping the fight sooner in Jeff Horn's defeat.

Fenech also criticised Horn's corner in his fight against Michael Zerafa on Saturday night at Bendigo Stadium.

Horn was on wobbly legs after getting up from a a ninth-round knockdown in the middleweight bout, but referee Martin allowed the bout to continue.

The game Queenslander copped several shots to the head before Martin stopped the fight, around the same time the towel was thrown into the ring.

"The referee and the corner should be investigated and shouldn't be allowed to be in the sport of boxing, because we've got to first and foremost look after our fighter," Fenech said.

Fenech was critical of Horn's trainer Glenn Rushton, who admitted to being torn between intervening and giving his charge the chance to rally as he did in 2017, when he weathered a ferocious onslaught in his famous win over Filipino legend Manny Pacquiao in Brisbane.

"I think the world of Jeff Horn, I think of him like a son and it's tough to see him get hit," Rushton said.

"Half of you says you want to throw the towel in and the other half says if he grabs him and hangs on, we're close to the end of the round.

"I know how fast Jeff can recover, I know his natural endurance, I know how big a heart he has got, so it's always a tough call.

"If I watch that replay back, I may go ' I think I've erred there , maybe I should have thrown the towel in at that point."

Horn showed some black humour when he noted Pacquiao's onslaught and his stoppage losses to Zerafa and Terence Crawford all happened in the ninth round.

"Round nine again, stupid round nine, we should get rid of that," Horn quipped.