Parker/Leapai, June 29th
I can see that

But if Parker had just flurried some in the mid Rnds I feel the ref may well have stopped it

Overly cautious really
True even if he didn't go full power just let his hands go Calzaghe style
Just watched the fight again and still not sure what to make of it.
Does a slimmer Parker have even less power? Alex was tough and all that but he's well and truly shot and Parker needed the ref to stop it in 10th round. All very well saying Ruiz wants Paker if he wins the rematch but I don't see it happening. If Ruiz beats Joshus he will eanr way more money fighting other people than Parker. It's more likely to happen if Ruiz loses to AJ imo
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/113892671/plenty-of-praise-for-joseph-parker-as-international-boxing-media-herald-his-return

There's a photo at the bottom that shows Joe's body, and it looks pretty good!
(06-30-2019, 09:09 PM)justafan Wrote: Just watched the fight again and still not sure what to make of it.
Does a slimmer Parker have even less power? Alex was tough and all that but he's well and truly shot and Parker needed the ref to stop it in 10th round. All very well saying Ruiz wants Paker if he wins the rematch but I don't see it happening. If Ruiz beats Joshus he will eanr way more money fighting other people than Parker. It's more likely to happen if Ruiz loses to AJ imo

Ruiz Jr. has started a new body type. 
Pile on the weight. Stretch your skin, then lose the weight, building muscle underneath it.
This has psychological and physical advantages.

Psychological: You aren't fat, but you look it, due to loose skin folds from your previous obesity.
The opponent underestimates you.

Physical: Loose skinfolds are very absorbing of energy dispersed from padded gloves. You can use your loose skinfolds to absorb body shots, allowing you to protect the head and come forward.

I think JP could follow in his footsteps. It would allow him to enjoy his food, carry some extra weight, train hard and enjoy boxing.
The extra weight would also give him power.

Disclaimer: I am not a personal trainer
(07-01-2019, 08:49 PM)gothenaki Wrote:
(06-30-2019, 09:09 PM)justafan Wrote: Just watched the fight again and still not sure what to make of it.

Pile on the weight. Stretch your skin, then lose the weight, building muscle underneath it.

Psychological: You aren't fat, but you look it, due to loose skin folds from your previous obesity.

Physical: Loose skinfolds are very absorbing of energy dispersed from padded gloves. You can use your loose skinfolds to absorb body shots, allowing you to protect the head and come forward.

I think JP could follow in his footsteps. It would allow him to enjoy his food, carry some extra weight, train hard and enjoy boxing.

Lol
Just takes marketing- people will believe anything!
Chuck a Kardasian as the face or arse of the promotion and they will come
(07-01-2019, 10:17 PM)Msreef Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 08:49 PM)gothenaki Wrote:

Lol

Some real Bro Science going on there. 
I like when Joe gets up on his toes and flicks out 2-3 stinging jabs and then follows it with a straight right. He looks a different fighter when he boxes with urgency. This was a decent hit out imo Leapai did what he had to do and Joe easily avoided the Hail mary right hands. The problem with Joe is he seems to really flatten out in the mid rounds, his hands drop and the jab is more of a paw and he starts dragging his feet and getting cut off. He needs to be more consistent and energetic to beat the top tier
(07-02-2019, 02:21 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote: I like when Joe gets up on his toes and flicks out 2-3 stinging jabs and then follows it with a straight right. He looks a different fighter when he boxes with urgency. This was a decent hit out imo Leapai did what he had to do and Joe easily avoided the Hail mary right hands. The problem with Joe is he seems to really flatten out in the mid rounds, his hands drop and the jab is more of a paw and he starts dragging his feet and getting cut off. He needs to be more consistent and energetic to beat the top tier

Totally agree, if Joe can keep the tempo up against Leapai like he did in the first couple of rounds he'll be a hell of a handful and could overwhelm a lot of top tier opponents.
He'll have to improve his fitness a lot to be able to do that though.