AJ/Ruiz
Boxing: Andy Ruiz says no to U.K rematch with Anthony Joshua
3 hours ago
Luke Robinson

World heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz has made his demands clear ahead of a re-match against Anthony Joshua.

The 29-year-old handed Joshua the first loss of his boxing career last month with a seventh sound technical knock-out to take the IBF, WBO, and IBO heavyweight titles.

Speaking outside Staples Center Ruiz made it clear he wanted the rematch to be "in Mexico or New York City again."

"Not in the U.K "was his response to whether he would take a fight in Joshua's part of the world.

"It doesn't matter [what Joshua thinks] because I'm the champion."

Asked about whether or not he has been in contact with Joshua since the fight.

"I haven't talked to him but I'm pretty sure he's training hard for the rematch and so am I."

Newshub.
Ruiz challenges Joshua to fight in Mexico

Still no date or venue for the rematch between WBA/IBF/WBO heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz and former champion Anthony Joshua.

Joshua told Sky Sports “I’m going to battle for it to be in the UK, because it’s my stomping ground. I done one out there, so let’s do the rematch here…I’d fight in Tijuana and Ruiz’s uncle could be the referee and I would still whoop him.”

Ruiz responded on Twitter. “AJ says he can ‘whoop’ me in Tijuana. Prove it! Let’s run it in Mexico. Remember that you did have a huge reason to come to America and that was to build your profile. #Ruiz? #cherrypickgonewrong