Stevenson vs Gvozdyk SKY POP-UP
Nulla alerted me to this.  He even has all the details below.  Many thanks, nulla!!!

Adonis "Superman" Stevenson defends his WBC World Light Heavyweight title v Oleksandr "The Nail" Gvozdyk tomorrow Sunday 2 December from 1PM on Sky Sports Pop Up 3 (channel 57). I am expecting this to be a way better fight that Wilder-Fury later in the afternoon and am picking Gvozdyk to dethrone Stevenson by way of knock out.
https://fightnews.com/stevenson-gvozdyk-make-weight/35181
light heavyweight Adonis Stevenson 29 1 1
S
Oleksandr Gvozdyk 15 0 0

World Boxing Council World Light Heavyweight Title (supervisor: Rex Walker)
super welterweight Chris Namus 24 4 0
S
Marie Eve Dicaire 13 0 0

International Boxing Federation World Female Super Welterweight Title (supervisor: Pete Podgorski)
welterweight Mikael Zewski 31 1 0
S
Aaron Herrera 35 8 1

World Boxing Council International Welterweight Title (supervisor: Rex Walker)
super middleweight Shakeel Phinn 19 2 0
S
Dario Bredicean 17 0 0

vacant International Boxing Federation Inter-Continental Super Middleweight Title (supervisor: Pete Podgorski)
heavyweight Oscar Rivas 24 0 0
S
Fabio Maldonado 26 0 0

NABF Heavyweight Title (supervisor: Rex Walker)
welterweight Sebastien Bouchard 17 1 0
S
Vitor Jones 15 2 0

heavyweight Oleksandr Teslenko 14 0 0
S
Edson Cesar Antonio 40 7 1

super middleweight Aaron Pryor Jr 20 11 2
S
Gilberto Pereira dos Santos 14 8 0

super middleweight Dieudonne Wilfred Seyi Ntsengue 1 0 0
S
Fernando Galvan 4 1 0
Great fight. Gvosdyk KO's Stevenson in the 11th in a great fight! Thanks nulla, for the heads up!
Gvozdyk KOs Superman, wins WBC LH title

Undefeated WBC mandatory light heavyweight challenger Oleksandr “The Nail” Gvozdyk (16-0, 13 KOs) scored an eleventh round KO to dethrone WBC champion Adonis “Superman” Stevenson (29-2-1, 24 KOs) on Saturday night at the Videotron Center in Quebec City, Canada. Gvozdyk knocked down Stevenson in round three but referee Michael Griffin ruled it a slip. Stevenson’s best moment was in round ten when he rocked Gvozdyk and had him holding on. Gvozdyk ended it with a series of shots in the eleventh that put Stevenson down and out.

Earlier, unbeaten NABF heavyweight beltholder Oscar Rivas (25-0, 17 KOs) outpointed Fabio Maldonado (26-1, 25 KOs) over ten rounds. Scores were 99-90, 100-89, 99-90. Next up for Rivas is a January 18 clash against Bryant Jennings.
hey mate let us know what YOU made of the fight
personally Im glad that lowlife got ktfo, he was gifted a draw against Badou Jack and they were going to rob the NAil here if it went to the cards
one of the worst title reigns in boxing has ended
Stevenson held the WBC belt hostage for way too long and his defeat at the hands of Gvozdyk further opens up what was already a division stacked with talent. The four major sanctioning bodies all have different and undefeated champions (BIvol, Beterbiev, Alvarez and now Gvozdyk) and you get the feeling that any of these guys could beat the other on any given day. And all have spoken of their desire to unify the LHW division, so exciting times ahead because there are certainly some quality matchups waiting to happen!
Further news on this fight, Gvozdyk was actually behind on two of the judges scorecards at the time of the knockout, and Stevenson was transported to hospital immediately after the fight and is currently in a medically induced coma.
(12-02-2018, 08:37 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote: hey mate let us know what YOU made of the fight
personally Im glad that lowlife got ktfo, he was gifted a draw against Badou Jack and they were going to rob the NAil here if it went to the cards
one of the worst title reigns in boxing has ended

Like the judges, I thought Gvozdyk was losing the fight due to inactivity in the first half. Stevenson pressed his advantage and connected with way more punches. Then I think Gvozdyk started to take over in the middle rounds. Yeah, I don't like Stevenson either. I wanted a Kovalev/Stevenson fight when both were in their prime and before Kovalev fought Ward.

All said, a great fight.
Adonis Stevenson Update

Former WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson reportedly has been put into a medically-induced coma to lessen the pressure caused by brain swelling. His condition has been upgraded from “critical” to “stable.”

Stevenson’s promoter Yvon Michel stated, “I have received dozens of requests for interviews but in agreement with the doctor responsible for the care given to Adonis, I will for the moment abstain to avoid any misinterpretations in a situation constantly evolving. Thank you for understanding.”