Hemi Ahio
Interested to hear what the inner circle think about Hemi Ahio, his development and potential.
Good hand speed, looks fit and hungry, but being 6"0 like Leapai, has his work cut out in the age of giants. There are plenty of people saying Parker is too short at 6"4. I wish him all the best, but it's a tough road ahead. Only option is to be faster than anyone else
We all saw what happened when Tua fought Lewis. It's hard for a short guy to make it
I'm just a fan and DKSAB though....
One name: Julius Long. 7 footer.
I really like how exciting Hemi is, and a decent boxer too considering he's had no amateur career. Needs to get rounds in, even if it means fighting 10 durable easy-beats like Tutaki, Junior Pati, Julius long etc. Not about his record, more about experience. Also worried about his height but control what you can control I suppose.

Also, JMO as a fan, not a trainer/promoter/boxer...
My friends are talking about Hemi, but I really need to see him fight before passing an opinion. Height does worry me though as Goth put it...obviously needs experience by his creds, Pati yes, guys like Will Quarrie might present a learning curve and maybe keep his 0/0 in place from what I'm told - getting used to taller fighters. In saying that, Quarrie would be ideal sparring.
Hemi beat Will in just third ever fight for memory
Sham, it's great that you have made some friends in Chartwell. Will you introduce them to me when I come to visit you? Maybe do some sparring if you promise not to hit me?
Die, I have this distinct feeling you are doubting I have any friends in Chartwell...lol

Of course I will be very happy to spar with you, it would be a great experience and one for the memory vaults...

Gail and I will surely look forward to your visit and presuming you will have Mrs Diehard with you we will extend the red carpet.
So good to see Hemi fighting on the regular! Exactly what he needs!

This is from his Facebook page: "Looks like I am fighting in Christchurch the week after this fight on Sep 12 at the Battle of the Rebuild. Subject to the confirmation of an opponent. My handlers are keeping me busy for my big fight in November."

That would mean:
- August 19
- September 5
- September 12
- October 15
- November ??

Brilliant!
Hemi is an Exciting prospect! I'm lookin forward to following him closely and of course Joseph too. The undercard is looking Awesome