GGG vs Lemieux
Ortiz deserves another chance after the V. Klit fiasco with his ankle. And Stiverne had a shocker vs Wilder, and can fight much better. This ought to be a good one.
(08-06-2015, 06:51 PM)diehard Wrote: Ortiz deserves another chance after the V. Klit fiasco with his ankle.  And Stiverne had a shocker vs Wilder, and can fight much better.  This ought to be a good one.

I think you mean Solis? He's got fat and has looked terrible lately

Ortiz "The real King Kong" is a 22-0 Cuban who beat up Monte Barret, then Kayodee, but that was ruled a no contest because of Nandrolone (same drug as that beautiful Belarussian lady used to beat Valerie)
He got the usual boxing slap with the wet bus ticket and he's back

He's a solid looking beast at 6"4 and with a crazy 84" reach (Klitschkos is 81", Stivernes is 77") - it should be a good fight
http://boxrec.com/boxer/528949
My bad. Good catch gothe. I would have thought Ortiz would have fought better competition, given his record.
It doesn't look like Sky are showing this live. A pity I was entertaining getting another group together for a drink up (we had 25-30 friends for May-Pac) the 2 tables we booked at the local were overflowing.
I am really excited for this one, but I think GGG has the superior ability and a superior chin. Lemieux's best chance is to catch GGG cold in the first round. Golovkin might feel Lemieux out for a round or 2 but then when he starts to press him and he sets Lemieux on his back foot, he should have his way. GGG KO by the middle rounds.

This could be some Hagler Hearns type shit. Maybe not quite on that level, but I expect it to be exciting nonetheless.
I think Golovkin takes him about before the 6th. After a round or two it think it turns into a shootout.

Just imagine if both guys can stand up to each others power, that would be special.

Chocolatito on the under card too. That is another really good fight. I don't think Gonzalez stops Viloria but I see him possibly punishing him towards the end.
Anybody got any live streaming links to GGG vs Lemieux? Please, please, please???????????????
Here's a link. Got to play around with the x's for the ads before it comes right though: http://vipbox.biz/boxing/watch-1lhpa-gennady-golovkin-vs-david-lemieux
Golovkin wins by 8th round TKO. Too big, too strong, and his jab and combinations did the damage. Lemieux fought gallantly, but he was just no match for GGG. Looked like he had a broken nose. Just gradually got beaten down. Got some good punches in, but GGG just kept coming forward. Wish he and Mayweather had fought at a catch weight.
Golovkin batters Lemieux; Gonzalez defeats Viloria – results
Jeff Sorby - October 17, 2015 - 197 comments

IBO/WBA middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovin (34-0, 31 KOs) defeated IBF 160lb champ David Lemieux (34-3, 31 KOs) tonight by an 8th round TKO in their unification fight at Madison Square Garden in New York. Golovkin battered Lemieux in the 8th round with head and body shots until the fight was stopped by referee Steve Willis at 1:32 of the round.

Lemieux had been hurt by a body shot moments before the stoppage, and he was virtually defenseless against the ropes. Three rounds earlier, Golovkin knocked Lemieux down with a body shot in the 5th round. While Lemeiux was on one knee, Golovkin hit him with a head shot. Fortunately for Lemieux, Golovkin didn’t put everything he had in the shot otherwise the fight would have ended right there.

Lemieux was in denial about the stoppage, as he felt that he still OK and able to fight on. Lemieux also thought that some of the rounds were close. They weren’t. It was target practice for Golovkin with him nailing the short-armed Lemieux with jabs all fight long. Golovkin didn’t really start throwing power punches until the 3rd round. He was playing it safe up to that point.

“There were some rounds that were pretty close,” Lemieux said afterwards while being heavily booed by the Madison Square Garden crowd. “I was just waiting to connect. I’m not too sure about the stoppage. I could have continued. I’ll meet him in the future. I want things to be settled in the near future. There were shots that I took too long to throw. I’ll give him the respect, but hopefully in the near future I’ll get my chance again,” Lemieux said.