Upcoming Fights
Szpilka defeats Adamek on “Night of Upsets” in Krakow, Poland

By Przemek Garczarczyk at ringside

In a heavyweight grudge match, +175 underdog Artur “The Pin” Szpilka (17-1, 12 KOs) scored a ten round unanimous decision over former two division world champion Tomasz Adamek (49-4, 29 KOs) in front of 17,000+ at the Krakow Arena in Krakow, Poland. The 25-year-old Szpilka was a little quicker and and energetic than the 37-year-old Adamek. Adamek had his best round in round eight, but Szpilka finished well to win by scores of 94-90??, 98-92, 96-94. After the fight, Adamek told Polish TV “I think this is over for me.”

In his first bout following a two year incarceration, formerly world rated light heavyweight Dawid Kostecki (39-2, 25 KOs) was surprisingly upset by Andrzej Soldra (11-1-1, 5 KOs) in an eight round slugfest. Kostecki dropped Soldra in round two, but slowed down later in the bout. Scores were 76-75, 77-75, 77-75, all for Soldra.

In another upset, previously unbeaten Maciej Sulecki (19-0, 4 KOs) knocked out former middleweight title challenger Grzegorz Proksa (29-4, 21 KOs) in round seven. A Sulecki right hand put Proksa down face first.

In a clash between unbeaten jr welterweights, Michal Syrowatka (11-0, 3 KOs) annihilated Michal Chudecki (10-1-1, 3 KOs) in round one. This was another mild upset.

What has been of Adamek? he was a promising boxer not long ago....
Be interesting to know if Bloodworth is still with him.
Fury defeats Chisora

Tyson Fury (23-0, 17 KOs) proved to be much too good for Dereck Chisora (20-5, 13 KOs) tonight in beating him by a 10th round stoppage in their rematch at the ExCel Arena in London, UK. With Chisora bleeding and bruised, his trainer pulled him out of the fight after the 10th round. Chisora was a punching bag and his trainer did the right thing in opting not to let him continue into the 11th.

Fury, 6’9”, spent much of the fight switching from southpaw to orthodox in peppering a badly over-matched Chisora with jabs and power punches. Chisora was able to crowd him, but he was unable to let go of his shots for some reason. It’s hard to explain why Chisora couldn’t pull the trigger on his shots, but perhaps he over-trained. He looked in great shape, but he was unable to throw more than 2-3 punches per round.
It’s quite possible that Chisora left his game in training camp and over did it with all the exercises he put in to try and get ready for the fight.
Fury is now the WBO mandatory challenger to champion Wladimir Klitschko. However, he’s going to need to find some power by the time he faces Wladimir, because there’s no way that Fury will be able to compete against the hard hitting Wladimir if he fights like he did tonight. Wladimir punches much too hard for a light hitting fighter like Fury to have any chance of beating him.
The crowd booed the efforts of both fighters, as they wanted to see more two-way action. Chisora didn’t have the energy to fight hard, so you couldn’t blame him for failing to put in a crowd-pleasing performance. As for Fury, he was playing it safe and just trying to win rounds by tapping Chisora with shots rather than sitting down on his punches in the way that the crowd wanted him to.
You can make a strong argument that there really was no reason for a rematch between the two fighters other than to give them a chance at a payday. Fury beat Chisora by a one-sided 12 round decision three years ago in 2011, and there simply was no reason for a rematch given the one-sided nature of their first fight. One can only hope that this is the final time that the two fighters face each other, because there simply is no point in them facing each other action in this lifetime. For the sake of the fans, Chisora and Fury need to move on with their careers.
Fury: “Chisora never really troubled me, I’ll save the best for Klitschko”

By Queensberry Promotions |  November 30, 2014 | 52 Comments
[Image: fury61-420x258.jpg]

Tyson Fury moved into the mandatory contender position for Wladimir Klitschko’s WBO World Heavyweight title with his victory over Dereck Chisora last night at the ExCeL London.
The Manchester ace took his undefeated record to 23 wins when he forced Chisora to retire in the tenth round with a dominant performance to earn his shot at the long reigning Ukrainian king.

It was the second time Fury defeated Chisora following his points win in July 2011 and it was a much better performance from the giant traveller this time around.
The hard-hitting southpaw peppered Chisora with jabs and crosses and landed plenty of hard uppercuts as the Londoner pressed forward with his face getting mark up by Fury’s heavy blows.
Finally in the tenth round Chisora’s corner, led by trainer Don Charles, said to the referee his man had had enough.
Afterwards Fury said, “Chisora never really troubled me and I didn’t take any punches from him, it was a good performance from me and there is still lots more to come, I’ll save the best for Klitschko,” Said Fury.
Fury’s, trainer and uncle Peter, added, “This is a new side to Tyson, he showed patience and maturity by slowing taking apart Chisora, it comes with experience and it now shows that he is ready for Klitschko.”
(12-01-2014, 10:43 AM)diehard Wrote: Fury: “Chisora never really troubled me, I’ll save the best for Klitschko”

By Queensberry Promotions |  November 30, 2014 | 52 Comments
[Image: fury61-420x258.jpg]

Tyson Fury moved into the mandatory contender position for Wladimir Klitschko’s WBO World Heavyweight title with his victory over Dereck Chisora last night at the ExCeL London.
The Manchester ace took his undefeated record to 23 wins when he forced Chisora to retire in the tenth round with a dominant performance to earn his shot at the long reigning Ukrainian king.

It was the second time Fury defeated Chisora following his points win in July 2011 and it was a much better performance from the giant traveller this time around.
The hard-hitting southpaw peppered Chisora with jabs and crosses and landed plenty of hard uppercuts as the Londoner pressed forward with his face getting mark up by Fury’s heavy blows.
Finally in the tenth round Chisora’s corner, led by trainer Don Charles, said to the referee his man had had enough.
Afterwards Fury said, “Chisora never really troubled me and I didn’t take any punches from him, it was a good performance from me and there is still lots more to come, I’ll save the best for Klitschko,” Said Fury.
Fury’s, trainer and uncle Peter, added, “This is a new side to Tyson, he showed patience and maturity by slowing taking apart Chisora, it comes with experience and it now shows that he is ready for Klitschko.”

Chisora never entered the ring with a winning attitude. It was like he knew he was going to get a beating so never really threw a punch that had bad intentions written all over it. I think he is finished as a fighter......unless it was just a one of those bad nights in the office, but that remains to be seen i guess.
Ustinov v Chauncy

http://www.boxingscene.com/ustinov-vs-welliver-on-tap-kimbo-falls-through--84997