Joseph Parker
The sanctioning bodies need to put parker into a final eliminator against a luis ortiz, povetkin or at minimum a jarell millar or nobody will want to see that rematch.

Gassiev and usyk moving up cant come soon enough
(05-10-2018, 10:44 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(05-10-2018, 04:58 PM)Msreef Wrote: I don't mind Ustinov for JPs first fight after his loss. Joe will batter him inside four rounds, he'll go the way of Dimitrenko imo.
Going to be difficult for Joe to get a decent opponent now, I'd like to see him against Bellew, Breazeale, Whyte but those won't happen.

Ustinov is durable, massive, and more mobile than he looks. Also parker hasn't got world level power

This has boring 12 round UD all over it

Yeah agree could see it going the distance similar to the Cojanu fight although Ustinov did get stopped by Pulev and Charr knocked him to the canvas in his last fight so if there were to be a stoppage in this fight it would come late.
(05-11-2018, 07:09 AM)African Monkey Wrote:
(05-10-2018, 10:44 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(05-10-2018, 04:58 PM)Msreef Wrote: I don't mind Ustinov for JPs first fight after his loss. Joe will batter him inside four rounds, he'll go the way of Dimitrenko imo.
Going to be difficult for Joe to get a decent opponent now, I'd like to see him against Bellew, Breazeale, Whyte but those won't happen.

Ustinov is durable, massive, and more mobile than he looks. Also parker hasn't got world level power

This has boring 12 round UD all over it

Yeah agree could see it going the distance similar to the Cojanu fight although Ustinov did get stopped by Pulev and Charr knocked him to the canvas in his last fight so if there were to be a stoppage in this fight it would come late.

I agree, it'll go the way of Cojanu. It'll be a good win, but won't help his credibility about his power, or lack of.
Parker has power its just that he hasn't landed the cleanest of shots, since stepping up in opposition. JP is also very readable and at the next level speed doesn't always conquer. Its time for him to do some explosive weight regime to really get him to his potential ko power. If you have seen all JP's yotube training sessions everything is at snail speed, except when he is on the pads or the bags. I've not seen one explosive video of him training yet. This ain't good if your trying to be a fast explosive fighter. There must be some majors gaps with in his training compared to the likes of AJ and even Whyte who has made some improvements. 
His last KO (TKO) was 5 fights ago against Dimitrenko.
hree top 15 opponents in Joseph Parker's sights as he plans comeback fight

Joseph Parker has been maintaining his fitness as he waits for his next turn in the spotlight.

Joseph Parker has three top 15 fighters willing to come to New Zealand to take him on.

He also has opportunities in the United Kingdom and the United States as he considers his comeback fight after losing his WBO world heavyweight title to Anthony Joshua in Cardiff on April 1.

Parker's promoter David Higgins wants to sit down with the 26-year-old and his management within the next week to try to try to square things away as they plan two fights in the back half of the year.

"It could be that we fight in New Zealand first and do an overseas fight later in the year or we do it the other way around," Higgins told Stuff.

"We have options and it's a matter of working through them to find the right one. But we are closing in now.

Promoter David Higgins is working on plans to get Joseph Parker back in the world title mix.

"They include three top 15 fighters who have agreed to come to New Zealand."

Higgins confirmed WBA No 10 Alexander Ustinov, the big Russian who finished David Tua's career, was in the mix as revealed by Stuff last week.

He saw the fight as marketable and believed Ustinov could provide Parker with a worthy test.

"He has an awkward style, he keeps people at a distance, you have to take it to him," Higgins said.

Higgins confirmed he had been in talks with council representatives from Hamilton, Christchurch and Wellington about staging a fight he was certain was viable.

Interestingly Parker has never fought in Wellington during a 25-fight professional career that has featured 19 bouts in New Zealand.

In terms of overseas options, Higgins said a rematch with Hughie Fury had been suggested now that he had won the British title in his first fight back since losing to Parker in Manchester last September.

But right now Britain mightn't be the land of opportunity it once was for Parker.

It's unlikely Tony Bellew has any interest in Parker now there is no belt on offer and his vanquished opponent David Haye is likely to retire. Similarly Dillian Whyte, so often calling out Parker, is unlikely to want to risk his hard-eanred rankings against Parker now that he is a step away from a title shot of his own.

Higgins felt a fight in the US would be achievable given their ongoing promotional relationship with Bob Arum.

Parker has remained in New Zealand since returning from Britain. He is awaiting the birth of his second child and has been busy furnishing his new south Auckland house.

"The important thing is he is keeping fit, training almost every day. He is looking sharp and is keen to fight," Higgins said.

Parker wants ranked fighters to help his quest to get back to a mandatory position to challenge for another world title after holding the WBO belt for 16 months.

Parker has gained respectable rankings since losing his champion status. He is placed at No 5 by both the WBO and WBC and is at No 7 with the IBF.

- Stuff
What's happening with this JP future? Its hard to bounce back from a loss but he must be kicking himself because he never fired through out the fight. He fought to conservatively. Anyone know what's happening?
They're talking about July, so it'll probably be August. I think it'll be in China against one of their top two heavys. Of course, Mr Higgins is talking Ustinov in NZ, so we'll see.
I just heard they are looking at Jennings in july IN AMERICA

Bad move, Jennings is tricky and will be given every close round

Dont do it joe
Here ya' go:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/104396799/american-heavyweight-bryant-jennings-lined-up-to-fight-joseph-parker-in-us

I hear what you're saying Infern0, and I agree.  But now he has to show his true self (whatever that means) and fight the best around.  Otherwise, why give him a shot at Wilder or AJ?