Joseph Parker
(05-13-2020, 12:27 PM)diehard Wrote: Never heard of Davtaev.  But he's got a great record, 20-0 with 19 KO's.  How come Browne gets these good fights, but not Parker?  Either they're scared of Parker (not) or bad promoter (not).  You'd think they'd want Parker's ranking.

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/643273

I would stop short of saying great record die, his 2nd to last fight was Daniel Martz ...
Apart from being unbeaten with a high KO % he still would be difficult to promote as a contender at this stage.
I would rather JP v Browne than JP v Eastern block geezer I never heard of
How about, great record, lousy opponents?  But you're right, the record includes the opponent.  No, he's not a contender, but given his size and undefeated record, he would be a better hyped opponent than Winters, who's smallish with two losses.
(05-13-2020, 12:27 PM)diehard Wrote: Never heard of Davtaev.  But he's got a great record, 20-0 with 19 KO's.  How come Browne gets these good fights, but not Parker?  Either they're scared of Parker (not) or bad promoter (not).  You'd think they'd want Parker's ranking.

Browne's a former belt holder, a name in the HW division and shot to bits to the point where he'd lose to most fighters in the top 100 so it's basically a safe name to have on a fighters record.
(05-13-2020, 08:33 PM)African Monkey Wrote:

Browne's a former belt holder, a name in the HW division and shot to bits to the point where he'd lose to most fighters in the top 100 so it's basically a safe name to have on a fighters record.

Reminds me of when Parker had a bad performance against somebody, but still won, and everyone said they wanted a piece of him. Might of been Flores, can't remember.

So AF, are you saying that everyone wants to fight Browne because of his rep and he's very beatable, but not Parker because he's a threat?
Yup I think it is true.
Fight Browne you fight a name you have a very good chance of winning by spectacular ko. Fight jp and it's going the distance or your getting stopped...chances of ko'ing jp slim.
(05-13-2020, 09:29 PM)diehard Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 08:33 PM)African Monkey Wrote:

Reminds me of when Parker had a bad performance against somebody, but still won, and everyone said they wanted a piece of him.  Might of been Flores, can't remember.  

So AF, are you saying that everyone wants to fight Browne because of his rep and he's very beatable, but not Parker because he's a threat?
Probably Parker v Cojanu where he laboured to a win there, and yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.
Yes, it was Cojanu.  Parker is a better opponent for some of those guys because of his ranking.  But it's a high risk, high reward fight for those fighters who are contending.  For guys like Winters, he had nothing to lose.

BTW, Parker is WBO #2 now, behind Usyk.
Yeah Cojanu just fought a spoiler fight no thoughts of winning
The Hughie fight wasn't great either
JP should have hurt both those guys but he is a better fighter when they come at him
(05-13-2020, 11:54 PM)bart Wrote: Yeah Cojanu just fought a spoiler fight no thoughts of winning
The Hughie fight wasn't great either
JP should have hurt both those guys but he is a better fighter when they come at him

Hughie is a nightmare to face as he never stands still. Makes his opponents miss a lot but never creates any offence of his own. 
Hughie should join Tyson and train at Kronk
Won't happen though