Joseph Parker
QUOTE-
Pulev said that the match with Joshua is 90% done. The venue will be either Turkey as was said or Saudi Arabia. UK is the last option.
Its also been said that the Pulev will get 35% from this total revenue."

This means Usyk - Parker becomes ever more likely
(01-21-2020, 12:20 PM)Kiwi Wrote: QUOTE-
Pulev said that the match with Joshua is 90% done. The venue will be either Turkey as was said or Saudi Arabia. UK is the last option.
Its also been said that the Pulev will get 35% from this total revenue."

This means Usyk - Parker becomes ever more likely

Not necessarily.  Why couldn't AJ fight Pulev, and then schedule to fight Usyk?  As someone mentioned, there may be more $$$ available if the Parker/Usyk winner is the WBO champ, and then it's two champs unifying three of the four alphabets.  I don't buy it.  I think an AJ vs Usyk fight would generate the same $$$ whether Usyk is WBO champ or not.  Anyway, it up to the WBO, and I hope that Parker IS in the mix for the box-off.
Higgins went to the big WBO powow - offered JP for the Usyk fight - then JP got made #2 with WBO.

So we have to say the Usyk fight seems pretty likely

BTW - Pulev fight is slated for May - so really does not leave time for AJ to fight Usyk.
(01-21-2020, 10:55 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Higgins went to the big WBO powow - offered JP for the Usyk fight - then JP got made #2 with WBO.

So we have to say the Usyk fight seems pretty likely

BTW - Pulev fight is slated for May - so really does not leave time for AJ to fight Usyk.

From your mouth to God's ears!
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/118967775/joseph-parker-teaming-up-with-tyson-fury-ahead-of-their-us-fights
Barry: Parker-Usyk won’t happen for WBO title

By Ray Wheatley – World of Boxing

WBO#2 Joseph Parker and WBO#1 Oleksandr Usyk will not fight for the vacant WBO heavyweight title according to Parker’s trainer Kevin Barry.

“I honestly believe what we’re going to see is Usyk [choosing to wait] and he will fight Joshua in the summer, providing Joshua blows out Pulev, which he should look spectacular doing. I would love nothing more than the opportunity for us to fight Usyk, but the reality of it is, I don’t think it’s going to happen,” Barry told Sky Sports.
Maris Wach named as JP opponent...
Boxing: Joseph Parker set to fight Poland's Mariusz Wach in Texas

Mariuch Wach told Polish media he's waiting for a contract to be signed.
Kiwi heavyweight Joseph Parker appears to have locked in an opponent for his fight in the United States next month.

Experienced slugger Mariusz Wach has gone on Polish television saying he's agreed to fight Parker and is just waiting for the contract.

Wach has fought 41 times in his career, and holds a 35-6 record. Some of his notable opponents include Wladimir Klitschko, Alexander Povetkin and Dillian Whyte, whom he fought in December.

Joseph Parker vs. Mariusz Wach on Garcia-Vargas undercard, February 28, Frisco, TX - according to Polish fighter.  Last bouts: Wach lost tough fight to Dillian Whyte (10 rounds, points in December, 2019), Parker TKO over Alex Leapai in April 2019) #boxing

"We are waiting for specifics, documents that will have to be signed," Wach told Telewizja Polska Sport in Polish.

"I will sign, send back and you will probably see me at the end of February with Parker.

"It would definitely be an interesting fight. Parker is fast and dynamic, but somehow I will have to compensate.

"I watched many Parker duels. I saw him boxing. During training and sparring it did not differ."

Wach, 40, is currently training in Karpacz, southern Poland.

"I will have four weeks of sparring. I think it's enough time to prepare properly."

The fight will take place on the undercard of Mikey Garcia v Jessie Vargas in Texas on February 29 (local time).

Parker hasn't fought since scoring a 10th-round knockout of Alex Leapai last June in Providence, Rhode Island - his first bout shortly after signing with promoter Eddie Hearn and Matchroom Boxing.

He was scheduled to fight Brit Dereck Chisora last October but a spider bite ruled Parker out, and Chisora decimated Welshman David Price who stepped in on short notice.

Meanwhile Parker, who is currently in Las Vegas, has been helping Tyson Fury prepare for his bout against Deontay Wilder.

Parker posted photos to his social media accounts, working out with Fury and his cousin Hughie, who the Kiwi beat back in 2017.

Funnily enough, Wilder has called in another Kiwi to help him prepare for Fury, with Junior Fa currently helping the American in a training camp.

The Auckland-based Kiwi was part of Wilder's sparring group for two of his previous three camps, with the American dispatching Dominic Breazeale and then earning a split draw against Fury in one of the best fights of 2018.
Excellent opponent, and has nothing to do with preparing for Usyk. Parker needs rounds against good competition, and Wach provides that. He looked good against Whyte, and almost caused an upset.
(01-23-2020, 04:24 PM)diehard Wrote: Excellent opponent, and has nothing to do with preparing for Usyk.  Parker needs rounds against good competition, and Wach provides that.  He looked good against Whyte, and almost caused an upset.

Yeah good opponent for Parker and makes sense if the Usyk fight isnt going to happen. Whyte came in heavy for that fight and Wach made it hard work for him.