Joseph Parker
Yes AJ can do a Wlad style rematch and jab and hold
I think he will box at length and even if he stuns Ruiz will not rush in reckless which was the defining reason of his loss.
It will be a strategic calculated performance to get the win, anything else results in another loss.
He cannot brawl with Ruiz under no circumstances - Ruiz has the hands , combos and dog will to take him out as per fight 1
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/113979626/dillian-whyte-ridicules-terrible-joseph-parker-as-heavyweight-rivalry-ramps-up
Whytes got his running shoes on, he knows he has very little chance in a rematch and that he was lucky to get out of the first fight on his feet
(07-04-2019, 10:33 AM)bart Wrote: Yes AJ can do a Wlad style rematch and jab and hold
I think he will box at length and even if he stuns Ruiz will not rush in reckless which was the defining reason of his loss.
It will be a strategic calculated performance to get the win, anything else results in another loss.
He cannot brawl with Ruiz under no circumstances - Ruiz has the hands , combos and dog will to take him out as per fight 1

He needs to fight at length like he did against Joseph, the problem is Ruiz wont be afraid to get in and work close quarters, if Joshua can stop him from doing that or catch him flush coming in he should regain his belts
Whtyes career is in danger of stalling
Especially if he takes a loss v Rivas but mainly as he seems to have pissed off the WBC enough they are not keen to give him any opportunties
(07-04-2019, 10:52 AM)diehard Wrote: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/113979626/dillian-whyte-ridicules-terrible-joseph-parker-as-heavyweight-rivalry-ramps-up

Whyte was saying on his social media that Joseph Parker sucks and cant punch after the Leapai fight but forgets Joe put him down in the 12th. Also forgets he failed to knockout domestic heavyweight Dave Allen. Would love to see the rematch but dont think it will happen.
(07-04-2019, 10:57 AM)Ibeabuchi Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 10:33 AM)bart Wrote: Yes AJ can do a Wlad style rematch and jab and hold

He needs to fight at length like he did against Joseph, the problem is Ruiz wont be afraid to get in and work close quarters, if Joshua can stop him from doing that or catch him flush coming in he should regain his belts

Agree. he beats Ruiz if fights the same way he did against Parker.

I like Ruiz though. lucky enough to meet him when he came here and message him every now and then. genuine bloke.
(07-04-2019, 11:38 AM)Beefstew Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 10:52 AM)diehard Wrote: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/113979626/dillian-whyte-ridicules-terrible-joseph-parker-as-heavyweight-rivalry-ramps-up

Whyte was saying on his social media that Joseph Parker sucks and cant punch after the Leapai fight but forgets Joe put him down in the 12th. Also forgets he failed to knockout domestic heavyweight Dave Allen. Would love to see the rematch but dont think it will happen.

Also forgets he needed every dirty trick in the book to beat Joseph, hes a decent operator Whyte but nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Chisora beat him in that first fight and was well ahead on the cards in the 2nd fight, the guy has a great left hook but in most facets of boxing hes pretty average. I just wish him and Wilder had signed to fight because as bad as Deontay is technically that right hand puts Whyte to sleep instantly.
Dillian Whyte claims Joseph Parker headbutted him during controversial fight
07:10, Jul 05 2019

​Dillian Whyte has continued his attacks on Joseph Parker, claiming it was the Kiwi heavyweight who did the headbutting in their controversial fight and reiterating he isn't interested in a rematch.

A day after White labelled Parker's win over Alex Leapai "terrible" he doubled down on his criticism of the former WBO world heavyweight champion who has been calling out the rugged Brit for a rematch following their London clash last July.

Whyte won that absorbing contest on points. Parker hit the canvas for the first time in his career, twice in fact, though he insisted the first was a headbutt from Whyte in the second round. Parker dropped Whyte in the final round but it was too little, too late.

"He said he knows he can beat me despite the fact I beat the hell out of him when we fought. He's crazy," Whyte said as he used his latest column for talkSPORT to hammer Parker.

"It wasn't even a close fight – I bashed him around, beat him up and knocked him down twice. I did that despite going into the fight with a bust hand and a bust rib. He had his chance and he didn't want it enough.

Joseph Parker gets pushed into the ropes by an aggressive Dillian Whyte during his unanimous points loss.
"And before anyone screams headbutt, let me tell you this: yes, he did headbutt me after I dropped him with a killer body shot in the second. I went back to my corner rubbing my forehead to check whether he cut me in the process. I considered it to be an accidental headbutt as he fell to the canvas but who knows, maybe he did it deliberately.

"He does go in with his head a lot and he nearly caught me with his head again in the ninth when I dropped him for a second time with a left hook to his chin. Who knows? One thing I do know, though, is that he should stop whining and trying to convince everybody that the clash of heads was the reason he went down the first time and that it affected his performance.

Dillian Whyte and Joseph Parker were all smiles ahead of their showdown in London last year.
"Look at the scorecards. He won all of the next three rounds. So much for being concussed and walking around the ring in daze for the rest of the fight. Clearly his headbutt affected me more than it did him."

Whyte said Parker needed to "get in the queue and wait" with the Brit wanting to push on for a world title shot.

"I don't want to waste time rematching people I've beaten below me," Whyte said in his talkSPORT column.

"I've bashed Parker up already so there isn't much there for me to gain. Right now, he needs to stay in his lane and let me live my best life."

Whyte suggested Parker should change trainers, believing Kevin Barry was "making him into a negative fighter and is not guiding him in the right way".

"He's a young guy who, with the right coaching and mindset, can do something in the heavyweight division."

Stuff
why all the sudden is Whyte bagging Parker?