Joseph Parker
I like the unstinov fight first off with a Ko win
Then Jennings in us as agree he could be tricky each round and feel jp has had few of those fights in a row... needs a slow moving target to pound spectacularly
My source is telling me that they're working on two fights. Mr Higgins to announce one (or both) of them next week, possibly Monday.
I'll be happy with Ustinov then Jennings, it could be far worse. Jennings is very good, Parker will need to be on his a-game.
Exactly msreef so a tune up before Jennings (unisintov) is hopefully the way to go 2 fights in 4mths give or take pick up momentum again . Pick right guys to fight and beat then a title shot will come his way soon enough
Jennings is a horrible fight but when your bouncing backni geuss you have to take these sorts of fights. This is low pay and a risky fight to take. Jo will win via late tko or decision but if its decision which is what I think is most likely, then Jo takes another dive on his reputation. Jennings is a slick mover with good punch variety. He is a real athlete but I think he is limited with his power and that's where JP will gain confidence. I hope he can produce a great result like Ortiz did.
Gone are the days when Joe can pick and choose his opponents on the way to a belt. Now, he needs to face all comers that lead to AJ and Wilder. AND, improve his skills along the way. Jennings will teach him alot about where he is skill-wise.
Joe hasn't had that luxury for a while. Takam, Ruiz and Fury were all fights that Joe was dictated to fight. The Cojanu fight was due to Fury dropping out and never should have happened. So really Dimintriko in 2016 was the last fight hand picked for Joe.
(06-02-2018, 02:06 PM)mippy Wrote: Joe hasn't had that luxury for a while. Takam, Ruiz and Fury were all fights that Joe was dictated to fight. The Cojanu fight was due to Fury dropping out and never should have happened. So really Dimintriko in 2016 was the last fight hand picked for Joe.

You are correct! I guess you could argue the opposite of what I said: Joe can fight anyone he wants. He won't be getting a shot at AJ or Wilder in at least a year, and there won't be any box offs to fight either one of them. As long as he stays in the top 10, he only needs to fight guys who give him some $$$ and hopefully help his skills. At some point, there will be a box off for the right to fight AJ or Wilder, and he'll be right there.
The more I think about it the more I actually like this fight. I think Jennings is a great opponent for anyone and if they get him out in style then we have something on our hands. I'm just keen to see the comeback.
I like the fight too. Jennings is not huge with an awkward style like Hughie. He's not a superstar like AJ. And he's not an oaf like Cojanu or Ustinov. He's more like a Takam or Ruiz, a really good boxer that will test Joe to the max. That's what Parker needs. And he needs a fight in the US. Perfect. Although I'd prefer it in Vegas rather than in NJ.