Professional Boxing in NZ
True that, justafan. No top ten guy has EVER been over to NZ to fight one of our guys. Unless Ustinov was top ten when he fought Tua, which I don't think he was, coming off a loss to Pulev.
I think Kali is a good matchup for Joe, he'll get some valuable experience with a big man and should pick up some ranking points. Plus he should also earn some good coin and create some more boxing buzz downunder.
Do you think Joe would beat him, Daneo? Easily?
Not easily, but lets be honest the guy is 41 and ring savvy will only get you so far..... Give him a camp with klitchko and watch him pound kali into retirement.
Isn't Kali 44, going on for 45? Could be wrong but thought I read that the other day
yup

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=14560&cat=boxer
I stand corrected.... 45 makes it better for JP however.
Daneo, my point is that he "may" win against Kali, but he'll struggle.  Kali is not ranked, if he's going to struggle, let him do it against a guy that's hand picked in the top ten.  Not some 44 year old guy who's not ranked who may beat him.
Risk Reward scenario Die, I think the risk is low compared to the upside. Upside is a well-known, internationally recognized opponent who will sell tickets/PPV in NZ and OZ. Compared to a younger, probably more skilled top 10 guy, proabably unknown to NZ/Oz fans.... I'm looking at it from the POV of his handlers also I suppose, they wouldn't want to risk their golden goose fighting here in a show they might struggle to sell...
(03-05-2015, 03:40 PM)Daneo Wrote: Risk Reward scenario Die, I think the risk is low compared to the upside. Upside is a well-known, internationally recognized opponent who will sell tickets/PPV in NZ and OZ. Compared to a younger, probably more skilled top 10 guy, proabably unknown to NZ/Oz fans.... I'm looking at it from the POV of his handlers also I suppose, they wouldn't want to risk their golden goose fighting here in a show they might struggle to sell...

Wow Daneo, most of Jo's fights so far should have been hard to sell. NZ patrons are gullible...