Parker vs Whyte
Hearn keeps pushing Katie Taylor, the Irish sensation. I really like the way she fights. And Kell Brook is worth a look. That's 4 fights on the nite I'd like to watch. Well worth Sham's money.
Without sounding sexist, I'm not a huge fan of womens boxing and Kell Brook's facing someone way below his level when really he doesn't have much time to waste.
Have u ever watched Katie fight?
If not u should.
Takam chisora has fight of the year potential
(06-17-2018, 10:56 PM)bart Wrote: Have u ever watched Katie fight?
If not u should.
Takam chisora has fight of the year potential

Yeah watched her a few times. Women's boxing just isn't my thing (nothing against it).

Yeah hard one to predict between Chisora and Takam. Yet another close loss coming up for Chisora perhaps?
Probably i see del boy rising to the occasion like he did v whyte but missing out . I think hearn must be keen to use takam again so a win he keeps him relevant for future events. Del has too many off days when unmotivated. Takam could see himself v bellew or even someone like joyce seen as del doesn't want that fight. Could be a way EH gets a slice of joyce sand builds him v AJ which would make £££. I may be getting ahead of myself but EH is a schemer. ..
If Dilllian looses I geuss he fights Takam next lol
I re watched Whyte vs Del boy and Whyte vs Hellenius. Whyte definitely has a engine, a good left hook, some nice body punches, good looping kind of over hand right and goodish chin. He is also good when he gets hurt as he does fire back sometimes to nullify the points. For all of Wytes obvious positives I still don't think its enough to beat Parker. After re watching these fights I'm with Parker for a late TKO. Parker on points if it goes to the cards but I think Parker has this. Whyte is very sloppy at times and Parkers defense and footwork Is to slick for Whyte. Its not 50/50 in my book anymore. On a side note who thinks Bellew would be an epic coach?
I thought Whyte looked ordinary against Helenius, and his fight with Del boy could have gone either way. This is a perfect match-up for Parker. Whyte stays in front of him, throws lots of punches, and is there to be hit. 60/40 fight for Joe.
Whyte was terible v helenius iit was hos conjau fight except helenius actually rocked whyte early.
Bellew as a coach yes or tactical advisor maybe. Some guys are great at what they do but struggle to adapt that to others styles and personality etc... same in all sports.bellew does seem good at figuring out opposites strengths and weaknesses in fine detail which would be handy for up and coming fighters.
I do think if whyte loses to joe he fights winner of takam chisora... same might apply to joe but that would be a harfer sell for EH
Joseph Parker: I need more mongrel and to be ruthless

Joseph Parker is talking a more aggressive approach for his coming fight with Britain's Dillian Whyte in London.

Joseph Parker is promising more mongrel and a ruthless attitude for his risky comeback fight against Dillian Whyte.

Parker and Whyte clash in London July 29 (NZT) with the Kiwi looking to bounce back from his points loss to Anthony Joshua where he surrendered his WBO title.

Team Parker's analysis of that loss pointed the finger at a frustrating lack of punches from the 26-year-old Kiwi over the back half of the fight and he's determined to be more busy and aggressive against the dangerous Whyte.

Dillian Whyte and Joseph Parker were in a friendly mood when they announced their fight in London.

"We just have to get a bit more mongrel, get a bit more ruthless," Parker told FightHype of the necessary adjustments for a fight that could take him back to the world title mix or send him sliding further down the rankings.

Parker said Whyte's criticism of his efforts against Joshua and suggesting he might keep on using his "running shoes" for this next fight, were part of the Londoner's pre-fight posturing.

"He is trying to lure me, because that's his style of fighting - standing there in the pocket and throwing big punches," Parker said.

"I am going to box smart but when it's time to go to war I will go to war. We are not scared of anyone."

When asked if he could fight toe-to-toe with Whyte as Dereck Chisora did in an exciting 2016 fight won by Whyte in a split decision, Parker didn't hesitate.

"I back myself whatever fight I fight, whether it's the outside or the inside. If I'm Chisora, I believe I knock him out," Parker, who has never been on the canvas, said.

"I believe it will end in the knockout, one punch to the chin ... his chin, not my chin. That would be a nice result in the UK.

"I back my chin but boxing is a funny game where one punch at the right time, no matter how good you are, no matter how good your chin is, changes everything. But, in saying that, I still back myself."

The fight, to be held at the 20,000-seater O2 Arena, sold 12,000 tickets on the first day of public sale.

Parker is facing another big pay day which was a key reason for him taking this fight on reasonably late notice rather than a United States option against Bryant Jennings in mid-April.

Parker is thrilled to have a made his fortune off the back of his unification clash with Joshua but emphasises he wants more rewards in and out of the ring.

"It's a great feeling, it's a blessing," he said of his life-changing fight with Joshua where he earned around $13m for his share of the fight.

"It's a team effort, a lot of people involved to get me where I am today. I was able to buy a house and look after my family.

"But money is one thing, the drive to get back to the top is another thing.

"I just want to be champ again. 'Former' is great but it's not the same as 'hey, champ'. No one says 'hey, former champ'. I think champ sounds better.

"So for me now it's about legacy and what you are going to leave in the heavyweight scene."

- Stuff