Parker vs Whyte
Joseph Parker: Anthony Joshua still making excuses 'for not knocking me out'
12:55, Jul 22 2018

Joseph Parker says Anthony Joshua (L) is still making excuses for not knocking him out in their world heavyweight title unification fight in Cardiff in March.
Joseph Parker has accused Anthony Joshua of failing to show him respect in their heavyweight boxing title unification clash in Cardiff.

Joshua won the March bout through a unanimous points decision and Parker - preparing for his July 29 clash with Briton Dillian Whyte in London - still feels Joshua was "making excuses" for the fight going the distance.

Asked by Sky Sports if Joshua had shown him respect, Parker said: "Not really. He said if he could turn back time, he will knock me out, but I know he tried to knock me out and he couldn't, so he's making excuses."

"He's a nice person and humble, but making excuses is something else."

Parker said Joshua had power, "but I've been hit a lot harder from other people".

"Three, four times [I've watched the tape of the Cardiff fight. I've seen it a few, and got some advice.

"When you watch it, you're like 'Damn, I wish I had punched him here'."

Parker's trainer, Kevin Barry, felt Joshua deserved a better response from Joshua and the judges.

"The one thing that really sort of disappointed me a little bit, I think he could have been a little more gracious and respectful towards Joe in the ring after the fight, because he didn't have it all his own way," Barry told Sky Sports.

"I don't want to be bitter, but I thought a lot of those close rounds, we could have got."
I think team Parker have blinkers on, it was a very one sided fight. I'm convinced Joshua looks back on it and thinks 'why didn't I knock this guy standing in front of me doing virtually out'? The fact that AJ feels he needs this, not Parkers performance, may earn him another shot! Gonna be a hard sell after the first display though. A devastating display against Whyte on Saturday would help.
Total one way fight. Joshua one nearly every round on my card. I will mention though Parker's defence was awesome, he didn't fight as negatively as people portray and he stood in range on a lot of occasions and made AJ miss. The reff was shit but it would not have changed the outcome.
Whyte vs Parker will now be for the WBC Silver and vacant WBO International Heavyweight titles.
Good stuff go Joe
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/105702461/motivated-joseph-parker-warns-dillian-whyte-im-punching-with-bad-intentions
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/105710294/bryan-barry-living-the-dream-in-joseph-parkers-corner
(07-22-2018, 10:10 PM)bopman Wrote: Total one way fight. Joshua one nearly every round on my card. I will mention though Parker's defence was awesome, he didn't fight as negatively as people portray and he stood in range on a lot of occasions and made AJ miss. The reff was shit but it would not have changed the outcome.

I thought Parker got 3 maybe 4 rounds but overall AJ was fairly dominant. Team Parker need to move on from it because lets be honest they started with the ref excuses pretty quick then came the "my elbows werent fully healed"

Overall it was awful to watch and a letdown on BOTH sides tbh
(07-24-2018, 08:41 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(07-22-2018, 10:10 PM)bopman Wrote: Total one way fight. Joshua one nearly every round on my card. I will mention though Parker's defence was awesome, he didn't fight as negatively as people portray and he stood in range on a lot of occasions and made AJ miss. The reff was shit but it would not have changed the outcome.

I thought Parker got 3 maybe 4 rounds but overall AJ was fairly dominant. Team Parker need to move on from it because lets be honest they started with the ref excuses pretty quick then came the "my elbows werent fully healed"

Overall it was awful to watch and a letdown on BOTH sides tbh

I agree. From watching some of the highlights, JP had his chances, but he lacked power and accuracy. I think the fact that AJ couldn't finish him off, and JP's complaining about the ref, gives him an opportunity for a rematch if he dispatches Whyte.
...and this:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/105732358/most-important-fight-of-joseph-parkers-career-says-duco-boss-david-higgins