AJ vs Wilder
Deontay Wilder agrees to Anthony Joshua's terms for heavyweight showdown in UK video

Deontay Wilder has agreed to terms to fight Anthony Joshua in the UK.

American boxer Deontay Wilder has agreed to terms offered by Anthony Joshua's camp for their impending heavyweight showdown.

Wilder confirmed on Twitter on Tuesday (NZ time) that he had accepted an offer to fight Joshua in the UK but said a US$50million (NZ$71m) offer was still on the table for their bout to be held in the United States.

Joshua's camp still have the option for his next fight to be against mandatory Russian challenger Alexander Povetkin, but Wilder agreeing to terms could accelerate negotiations for the unbeaten fighters to meet in a world title unification bout.

?BREAKING NEWS? for all you @anthonyfjoshua fans... The $50M offer for him to fight me next in the US is still available. Today I even agreed to their offer to fight Joshua next in the UK. If he prefers the fight in the UK, the ball is in their court. It’s up to them to choose.

"Nah, baby, you don't see no fear in my eyes. I ain't scared of no man and there's no man I [am] afraid of ever on this earth," an animated Wilder said on his acceptance to face the big Brit in a fight where the winner would be crowned the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

"I wasn't raised like that, I wasn't born like that, and that wasn't the plot in my heart, baby. This is what I do.

Wilder, like Joshua, is undefeated in his professional boxing career.

"No man can say they [have] looked into my eyes and seen fear because fear don't exist. There is no hole for fear in my heart [with] the things I've been through."

ESPN report that Joshua's promoter, Eddie Hearn, offered terms for their fight to take place later this year.

Wilder's co-manager Shelly Finkel said the offer was for a two-fight deal and a potential rematch in the US is included.

Anthony Joshua defeated Joseph Parker back in April.

"We have agreed to the terms that Eddie has put out to us for a fight in the UK. Deontay has accepted his terms to fight in the UK," he told ESPN.

"Deontay sent an email to Joshua [Sunday] night, and I sent one [Monday] to Barry Hearn and Eddie telling them that we officially accept the offer to fight under the terms they gave us and to send us the contract."

Joshua, 28, is yet to respond publicly since Wilder, 32, made his latest announcement.

Wilder's WBC belt would be on the line and Joshua would put up his IBF, WBA, WBO and IBO titles.

Both fighters are coming off strong challenges after Joshua (21-0) defeated Kiwi Joseph Parker via unanimous decision in April, while Wilder (40-0) beat Cuban Luis Ortiz via technical knockout in March.

- Stuff
I really think wilder will be too much for AJ. He has explosive ko power while AJ more concussive type. Point being i see the 1 punch explosive power of wilder landing first. But AJ may box smart and cautious like he did v JP. ... looking forward to it and great if its a 2 fight series.. 1all and a trilogy. . Great viewing and massive $$$$
I don't think that AJ will be able to keep Wilder out. Wilder has massive reach.
He has shown good movement though.

Definitely want to see AJ fight in the US at some point soon. The King of England should travel and prove he's the king of the world
I favour Wilder aswell, he has a good enough jab to keep AJ away while waiting to through the right. I think they have agreed to a 2-3 fight deal after they fight their mandatory which is why Whyte has taken the Parker fight knowing both champions will be tied up for a while.
A pick'em fight. AJ has better boxing fundamentals whilst Wilder has better KO power.
It's a risky fight for AJ and i say that as an obvious fan of his.

You don't want to wait around with Wilder and give him a chance to land those right hands, my advice to AJ would be to step over his front foot as soon as possible and go into seek and destroy mode, Wilder becomes low volume when under attack.
(06-13-2018, 09:43 PM)Infern0 Wrote: It's a risky fight for AJ and i say that as an obvious fan of his.

You don't want to wait around with Wilder and give him a chance to land those right hands, my advice to AJ would be to step over his front foot as soon as possible and go into seek and destroy mode, Wilder becomes low volume when under attack.
I'm a big fan of both and love Wilders power, I honestly think he is one of the hardest hitters the boxing scene has had. He hits people and puts them to sleep, even with there guards up. I see the fight leaning towards AJ still because of his last fight with JP. Aj fought such a great technical fight against JP and if he has a similar plan with wilder he will win. Aj is far better in close than Wilder too and throws less wild punches when desperate. I see AJs strength in the clinch and in close to much for Wilder too. If Wilder doesn't land he doesn't win. 55/45 to AJ. I see his all round game a little to much for wilder. What Wilder has is obviously his power but he also has a dam good engine a stiff jab and some freakish athletic ability! He is a pure athlete, along with his physical stature the man is very hard to actually hit due to being so rangy, reactive and explosive with his foot work. Wilder has also shown he can box against Stivern an parts of Ortiz fight. I really don't know how the fight will go but I'm leaning towards skill and boxing IQ and not leaning towards ferocious power and athletic ability. Can't wait for this as at times I have thought Wilder will be to much but AJ has shown that he is a very smart fighter along with some great physical attributes. 
Showtime Chief: Wilder-Joshua could happen this year
By TMZSports.com

The heavyweight fight everyone wants to see — Deontay Wilder vs. Anthony Joshua — could happen in the next 6 months … says the man in charge of broadcasting the event. TMZ Sports spoke to Stephen Espinoza — Showtime’s president of sports and event programming — who tell us the “ball is rolling” on making the fight happen in 2018. “Things are moving. Discussions are happening,” Espinoza tells us.

Wilder and Joshua have been calling each other out publicly for the last year — with Wilder recently saying he’d even fly to England to fight Joshua on his home turf. Both guys seem down to fight — it’s just a matter of locking up a deal.

Espinoza tells us the fight would be massive — bigger than Canelo Alvarez vs. GGG — and only rivaled by Mike Tyson vs. Lennox Lewis in 2002 and the super fights of the 1980s.

Fingers crossed he’s right!
Hey guys apparently Wilder signed something this morning????? Wilder v Aj
aj vs povetkin is the latest murmurings.