What's next for Joseph Parker?
only way parker gets a new trainer is if someone has a talk with someone influential like his dad. but with the history of parker using kb's place as a second home, its hard to have that discussion.

but reality says at the end of the day, parker needs an upgrade at trainer if he really wants to continue to fight at, and beyond that level. but ya, the power shortage is evident.

and what was the deal with the last round, its almost as if he thought he was winning.
Look at what has worked for Parker and what hasn't. Living with KB has obviously helped with JPs maturity level outside of the ring. JP has great work ethic too, there are a lot of positives with what they do and have now but offensively Parker is failing and will continue to fail if nothing changes. I hope they see there short comings and adapt. New tactical offense trainer could be the go!! I would start Jo off at Demitrinko level again.
(04-03-2018, 05:08 PM)bart Wrote: I think same Die- rankings will come with wins
JP needs the eye of the tiger back and get some highlight reel KO's
No more NZ burger King fights-UK or USA

(04-03-2018, 05:32 PM)Calikiwi Wrote: only way parker gets a new trainer is if someone has a talk with someone influential like his dad. but with the history of parker using kb's place as a second home, its hard to have that discussion.

but reality says at the end of the day, parker needs an upgrade at trainer if he really wants to continue to fight at, and beyond that level. but ya, the power shortage is evident.

and what was the deal with the last round, its almost as if he thought he was winning.

Joe and KB just bought a boxing gym in Vegas. No way Joe moves away from KB or Vegas. Regarding rankings, why the hurry? He needs to KO a couple of guys, fight for a mandatory or #1 ranking like he did against Takam, and hope that he does better against whoever the champ may be.
Joe on the AJ/Wilder undercard?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12024868
(04-03-2018, 07:42 PM)diehard Wrote: Joe on the AJ/Wilder undercard?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12024868

That'll be a good opportunity. 
That would be huge if can be agreed - then as long as JP wins he fights the winner
I don't think Joe needs to look for a new trainer. He has been improving, give him a couple more years under KB and we'll see how he goes. The guy is only 26. Joe has had some tough awkward fights in the last year or so, he just needs to drop down a level or two and practice his skills against top 15 opponents to hone what he has been working on in the gym.

We've all said that a loss may be good for Joe, it may be good for KB as well.
(04-03-2018, 09:38 PM)Msreef Wrote: I don't think Joe needs to look for a new trainer. He has been improving, give him a couple more years under KB and we'll see how he goes. The guy is only 26. Joe has had some tough awkward fights in the last year or so, he just needs to drop down a level or two and practice his skills against top 15 opponents to hone what he has been working on in the gym.

We've all said that a loss may be good for Joe, it may be good for KB as well.

I believe Jo has improved leaps and bounds in certain areas but his Offence hasn't changes in at least 2 and a half years. He really is one dimensional in his attack and his double jab is to easily timed. I agree with you that this loss can be looked at as a positive for KB and Joe, I just hope they see there floors as easily as we can. I hope there are no justifications for the loss because that means they didn't learn anything. Skill and tactics where needed to beat Joshua not brawling and hoping he would get tired. KB really got beaten by McCracken here, AJs plan worked and Jo's plan didn't even begin.  
Rob McCracken one of the most underrated coaches imo.
McCracken is a good coach. Done great things for Team GB. His fighters tend to be fundamentally very sound.

I'd like to see Parker fight in the UK. There's alot of options for him. Think Chisora would be a fun comeback fight. Not sure whether he would move to UK or just train in Vegas and fly over. Maybe he should consider leaving Barry. He's done good things for Parker but i think he's taken him as far as he can go. Also, I don't think he is working to Parker's strengths. He was getting him to box on the backfoot when he is a small heavyweight with short reach, and was fighting a bigger man. Parker needs to be taught how to get inside properly if he is going to compete against the giants in the division.

If he does base himself in the UK and gets a new trainer, I think Shane McGuigan could be a good match. He's done good work with Frampton and Groves. Groves' inside work has improved alot with McGuigan, especially to the body. His other fighter, Josh Taylor, is a fantastic inside fighter.