What's next for Joseph Parker?
I've been saying for a couple of years that parker could do worse than base himself in the UK. He is amiable and english speaking, if Duco can do a deal with Eddie im sure Parker can have a couple of fights as chief support in the UK.
I think Jo needs to become marketable. He doesn't need to reinvent the wheel but really needs to work on his offense, countering, Bob and weave and his foot work. He needs to start knocking people out again and needs to look the part. No more king of pies body. People don't want to see that.
absolutely Bop he needs to KO some buggers in and around the top 10-15 but good KO's that people like to watch.
I think he gained respect in UK so capitalise on it and show his offence.
He has hands and chin but lacks excitement ....
I have never been on the drop Barry bandwagon but if he would base in UK maybe Adam Booth as a trainer??
(04-01-2018, 03:02 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 02:43 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Lots of options for Joe, why not Dominic Brezeale?

Has the story of Joe avenging Izu and would be really entertaining fight

Doubt it'll be Breazeale when he's in position to go the WBC/IBF route.

I suppose Parker starts again. Probably someone like Wach/Hammer when he comes back.

won't happen unless joe leaves duco and signs with Haymon. the promoters control the fights in there own stable. which is why eddie wants to sign tyson and wilder.  Th big issue will be if Joe wants to go back to earning 100k a fight. id say he will struggle.PPV number in nz will only allow that kind of purse which is what he was getting apart from hughes, ruiez and Aj. going to be interesting i think he will have a year or so off 
(04-02-2018, 07:21 PM)markk Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 02:43 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Lots of options for Joe, why not Dominic Brezeale?

I suppose Parker starts again. Probably someone like Wach/Hammer when he comes back.

won't happen unless joe leaves duco and signs with Haymon. the promoters control the fights in there own stable. which is why eddie wants to sign tyson and wilder.  Th big issue will be if Joe wants to go back to earning 100k a fight. id say he will struggle.PPV number in nz will only allow that kind of purse which is what he was getting apart from hughes, ruiez and Aj. going to be interesting i think he will have a year or so off 

Hope he doesn't have a year off tbh, any idea if he'll keep on fighting under duco and Barry? I hope to see him out at least once more this year against whoever.

Slightly off topic, but what's the latest on Junior Fa?
(04-02-2018, 07:45 PM)African Monkey Wrote:

Hope he doesn't have a year off tbh, any idea if he'll keep on fighting under duco and Barry? I hope to see him out at least once more this year against whoever.

I don’t know tbh. Just my thoughts. The game is tough after a loss as no one backs you. He has Duco that will but it’s expensive due to expectations of purses for joe and the opponents . Look at izu as an example

Junior had a tough night at office other day as he tried to take his head off in first round. Problem was we were at altitude and he gassed hard. The other guy did as well. So it became a hug vest. He was in amazing shape and great camp. Stopped a good pro prospect in sparing so was looking gd. My fault tbh for not realising altitude . Should have come into deadwood 7 days earlier and would have been no problem. Fighting in may/June so gd to get out again soon
(04-02-2018, 09:01 PM)markk Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 07:45 PM)African Monkey Wrote:

I don’t know tbh. Just my thoughts. The game is tough after a loss as no one backs you. He has Duco that will but it’s expensive due to expectations of purses for joe and the opponents . Look at izu as an example

Junior had a tough night at office other day as he tried to take his head off in first round. Problem was we were at altitude and he gassed hard. The other guy did as well. So it became a hug vest. He was in amazing shape and great camp. Stopped a good pro prospect in sparing so was looking gd. My fault tbh for not realising altitude . Should have come into deadwood 7 days earlier and would have been no problem. Fighting in may/June so gd to get out again soon

Yes it was mentioned that the fight was in altitude as it was evident that it took its toll on both fighters. Suprised that one judge had it level as I thought Junior won quite comfortably. Good to hear that he'll be out again soon. Will it be here or in the US? As always thanks for the feedback markk I don't think we heard from you since that fight.

Sorry to take things off topic guys.
(04-02-2018, 10:08 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 09:01 PM)markk Wrote:
(04-02-2018, 07:45 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 03:02 PM)African Monkey Wrote: Doubt it'll be Breazeale when he's in position to go the WBC/IBF route.

Yes it was mentioned that the fight was in altitude as it was evident that it took its toll on both fighters. Suprised that one judge had it level as I thought Junior won quite comfortably. Good to hear that he'll be out again soon. Will it be here or in the US? As always thanks for the feedback markk I don't think we heard from you since that fight.

Sorry to take things off topic guys.

I was sitting next to supervisor seeing scores come in. The 2 rounds the other guy won the judge gave to junior and he gave 4 rounds that junior won to the other guy. Guy flat out wasn’t watching. Also saw trey lipped Morrison fight who is tommy Morrison son. He looked terrible , I asked straight away for him. Later we realised why all the heavy looked bad. The altitude really effected them. Good lesson.
True markk. Joe goes back to $100,000 fights. No more NZ fights. He'd struggle to headline Vegas fights. He probably pocketed, after taxes and expenses, about 6 million. If he really wants to get back on top, he needs to fight guys like Ruiz (again), Hammer, maybe a Chisora, etc., and try to get his KO's back. He hasn't KO'd his last four opponents.

I also didn't think he looked good against AJ. Yeah, he survived the KO from AJ, but his power wasn't there, he wasn't accurate with his punches, his physique looked crap, and his defense was average. KB is not helping him. The winner was Mr Higgins, who got a great deal from Hearn at 35%. Also got fair refs, and a decent ref, despite what Team Parker says. Against the bigger AJ, did KB really want an inside game with AJ holding?
(04-02-2018, 11:27 PM)diehard Wrote: True markk.  Joe goes back to $100,000 fights.  No more NZ fights.  He'd struggle to headline Vegas fights.  He probably pocketed, after taxes and expenses, about 6 million.  If he really wants to get back on top, he needs to fight guys like Ruiz (again), Hammer, maybe a Chisora, etc., and try to get his KO's back.  He hasn't KO'd his last four opponents.  

I also didn't think he looked good against AJ.  Yeah, he survived the KO from AJ, but his power wasn't there, he wasn't accurate with his punches, his physique looked crap, and his defense was average.  KB is not helping him.  The winner was Mr Higgins, who got a great deal from Hearn at 35%.  Also got fair refs, and a decent ref, despite what Team Parker says.  Against the bigger AJ, did KB really want an inside game with AJ holding?
Did anyone notice Jo's shoulders, they were so skinny compared to his last fights.