Mega Fight On!!
Because of the money or fear that he won't get a decision? How about Wembley or another big arena? Khan won't draw much in Vegas.
rematch mayweather pacman yes pls but this time free for all..
(05-06-2015, 06:29 PM)diehard Wrote: Because of the money or fear that he won't get a decision?  How about Wembley or another big arena?  Khan won't draw much in Vegas.

I just think that he considers himself the "A-Side" and would never give up a home-court advantage to the "B-Side" fighter.... plus he's all about the PPV numbers, filling stadiums would be chump change for him..
You heard it from me first:

Golovkin wants big drama show against Mayweather

While not looking past Willie Monroe Jr. on May 16 at the Forum in Los Angeles, WBA middleweight champion Gennady ‘GGG’ Golovkin reaffirmed that he would be more than happy to go down to 154 pounds for a mega-fight with Floyd ‘Money’ Mayweather. “Of course, it’s my dream fight,” said GGG. “Obviously, Floyd, he is a great champion, and a little bit different style. Floyd, he’s a smart guy. He does a lot of moving. For my style, a little bit different. I like drama show. I like real fight, like close fight. I want show. Big show. Big drama show!”

Asked if he would bring that big drama show if he were to get a fight with Mayweather, Golovkin responded “Absolutely!”

As for his opinion on Mayweather-Pacquiao, Golovkin commented, “Everybody wanted the fight for the last five years. I think Floyd’s too smart. This is Floyd’s style; he doesn’t take too many shots. Floyd’s too smart, he’s a great boxer, he’s number one in the world. Pacquiao, I think he loses control of the fight. He could not do anything against Floyd. Pacquiao is very good, but it was a very smart fight for Floyd.”
Don't think Mayweather would take that fight Die, Golovkin is too strong and a very smart fighter. He'd make Mayweather engage and slowly overpower him.

I'd like to see Golovkin come down and fight Alvarez.... now that would be a great fight!!
Dannyboy, I think Mayweather would pick him apart and counter him all nite.  Mayweather would never engage with him.  He wouldn't even engage with Pacman.  GGGs defense is very porous.  Until, GGG hits him!  Pacman is about volume.  GGG is about 1 punch KO power.  

The problem is that Mayweather is 146 dripping wet.  At 154, he'd be in uncharted territory.  But I think THAT'S the big, non-title fight Mayweather is talking about.  No one else is even close in terms of mega fights.  GGG vs Mayweather would be HUGE.
Maybe Die? Would certainly love to see it but yeah, Mayweather giving away a bit of weight for that!! All other guys he's fought at that weight (De La Hoya, Cotto, Mosely) were over the hill, GGG is in his prime!!
I can see Mayweather winning this. And I'm sure he can too. Let's hope his ego allows him to make the fight. Mayweather is NOT gonna keep fighting just to fight. He needs a mega deal. As he says, it's not the love of the sport anymore. It's business time! AND, GGG would come to Vegas. This fight could equal or better the Pacman vs Mayweather money.

BTW, Dannyboy, what's the rumour about who Parker's next opponent will be???
(05-08-2015, 12:13 PM)Dannyboy Wrote: Don't think Mayweather would take that fight Die, Golovkin is too strong and a very smart fighter. He'd make Mayweather engage and slowly overpower him.

I'd like to see Golovkin come down and fight Alvarez.... now that would be a great fight!!

Alvarez won't be fighting at 154 for much longer I reckon, he'll move up to 160 soon, he'll eventually fight GGG at middleweight which will be GGG's first "superfight"

Only then would Mayweather consider fighting him but by then Money May will be sitting on a beach sipping Margaritas enjoying retirement.... you heard it here first boys
A GGG fight, that Floyd only agrees to if Mayweather promotions takes over GGG's promotion contract for a bunch more fights, would be a real win/win for Mayweather. Its a big risk, but if he wins its a huge win. If he loses, he has the next big thing in his stable and he's catapaulted him into super-stardom.

This especially the case if Floyd really doesnt care about the "0" like he says. If he's only got a fight or two and he's all about the money, his promotional stable is where its gonna be at.....