Mega Fight On!!
Floyd makes more money in rematches with Cotto and Alvarez than he does against Golovkin. GGG hasn't fought on PPV yet. I see Porter vs Broner is signed. Maybe the winner gets Mayweather. Either guy would be a nice easy way to finish up the Showtime contract.
Got to disagree Diehard, while GGG is a top fighter (best out there IMHO) he’s not a PPV draw yet…
His numbers are going up but he needs a signature matchup before he becomes a major draw-card. One of those fights where he doesn’t just walk through his opponent but comes up against some resistance and has to push through to get the W. IMO that fight will be against Ward at SMW.
OK, a signature match-up for GGG, and a Maweather vs Khan fight in September. Then GGG vs Mayweather fight next. Only fight I would pay to watch with Mayweather in it. And hey, does GGG really need a signature fight first? Isn't that what the hype machine is about?
GGG isn't really a salesman type, he lets his fists do the talking : ) plus he fights every few months...

I think a lot of peeps are over Mayweather's lack of offense in fights, I had high hopes Manny would force the fight on Floyd but it didn't happen.... still keen to see a rematch but I'm looking forward to the next crop of guys coming up.... Canelo, GGG, Kovalev etc..
I had Manny winning. Threw more accurate punches, no matter what compubox says. He fought the perfect fight, but those same judges would score it for Mayweather every time they fought. 10 outta 10. If Manny engaged more, Mayweather would have KO'd him like Marquez did.

No need for GGG to promote the fight. We have Team Mayweather. GGG just has to show up, and hopefully KO him. The hype could be that GGG is the only man on the planet who is capable of KO'ing him. Will he or won't he?
canelo sure did the business on kirkland. kid can frigging hit.
(05-12-2015, 06:41 PM)Calikiwi Wrote: canelo sure did the business on kirkland. kid can frigging hit.

It was a great KO. But it's what was expected. Full credit to Kirkland for putting his shaky chin in the firing line and having the balls to take risks and go out on his shield.
Here's an alternative view that Mayweather did NOT win. And a punch count:

http://www.craziestsportsfights.com/statistics-reveal-mayweather-may-not-have-won/
I'd find it hard to give Pac more than 5 rounds, and that is being extremely generous. I really don't think he won more than 3.
Just look at the punch count for Mayweather. Unusual for a defence minded fighter to throw many punches. Now look at Pacman and his combos. Gotta be more punches. I knew that compu-box was wrong. I had Pacman winning 7 or 8 rounds. I had Mayweather winning the 1st, 2nd, and 11th rounds, with the middle rounds being close.

Power punches, aggression, gotta give it to Pacman. Hey, he woulda won in the Phillipines.