Wilder/Ortiz on Sky Sport Free!
(03-05-2018, 09:09 AM)bopman Wrote: I haven't seen much of Miller but what i did see was he is no match for the elite but would be on the Dillian Whyte level.

Yep. I might even give the edge to Whyte, as he's a better boxer than Miller, and has faced better competition.
Miller would destroy Whyte.
Whyte -Miller is prob 50/50 both looked poor last outing
Same level
its like a love triangle. AJ, JP and DW.

as awkward and ugly DW boxing/fighting is, you cant deny the mans power. that power gives both AJ and JP trouble.

i likened DW style to what i have seen outside the fold apia way in mangere lol
DW is a brawler with a bit of boxing skill. He was very lucky to survive Ortiz. Unfortunately Ortiz had blown after his onslaught in the 7th round. If he was 5 years younger, it will have been all over for Wilder.

Wilder came back well and should be commended for that.

But cant understand why he is not picked up for his slapping?
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12006571
(03-05-2018, 02:33 PM)Dannyboy Wrote: DW is a brawler with a bit of boxing skill. He was very lucky to survive Ortiz. Unfortunately Ortiz had blown after his onslaught in the 7th round. If he was 5 years younger, it will have been all over for Wilder.

Wilder came back well and should be commended for that.

But cant understand why he is not picked up for his slapping?

Just watched the replay. Agree with you Danny. Ortiz gassed after the 7th round onslaught and basically took the 8th off. Wilder was still recovering in that round and just tried to survive.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a rematch.
No way in hell would Wilder want a rematch. I think Ortiz would be more aggressive earlier. he knows he could take him with his counter left hands and power. Wilder knows it too.

However, its history now... I really think after watching Wilder, I think he will be too cagey and smart for Joshua (if it happens). And Joshua will be very weary of the Wilder straight right. Its a deadly punch for him... the rest of it is windmills and chaotic confusion.. aka a street brawler.

A clever boxer like a younger Ortiz, or a fit Fury, would KO Wilder. I'd also give Joe a 50/50 chance of beating Wilder.