Wilder/Ortiz on Sky Sport Free!
Wilder: I showed I was a true champion tonight

Following his successful heavyweight title defense at Barclays Center, an emotional Deontay Wilder spoke to SHOWTIME Sports reporter Jim Gray about the most difficult fight of his career.

“A true champion always finds a way to come back and that’s what I did tonight,” said Wilder. “Luis Ortiz is definitely a crafty guy. He put up a great fight. We knew we had to wear him down. I showed everyone I can take a punch. He was hitting me with those furious punches but they didn’t have sting on them. He was throwing combos that knocked me off balance. I just had to get my range back and my fundamentals back. And I was able to do that. I showed I was a true champion tonight.”
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12006293
If Ortiz was only 40 instead of 45 he'd have ended deontay there
I'm excited for Whyte and Browne now. Wilder showed his flaws but dam his power is something to admire. At the moment I'd favour Wilder over AJ as the favourite. You have to very disciplined to fight DW.
I see wilder as very dangerous for Joshua, his power comes out of nowhere and I'd be on the edge of my seat.

But that being said i back my guy, especially if he beats joe (and ot is an if)

Joshua can box smart when he choses and he would in this fight, Wilder becomes very low volume when he's in vs any kind of dangerous opponent so i think joshua would have the opportunity to get in first with his more accurate shots and although he survived Ortiz i dont think ortiz straight right hand is the same level as joshua.
The heavyweight division is pumping, if AJ gets past Parker the Wilder fight will be massive. We need Tyson Fury back ideally too. I think Miller is a dark horse in the division, providing he has the granite chin he is reported to.
The fights I would like to see is Aj V Wilder but also I'd like to see Fury make a comeback. I still see his size and foot work troubling Aj big time and troubling Wilder.
(03-05-2018, 08:27 AM)Msreef Wrote: The heavyweight division is pumping, if AJ gets past Parker the Wilder fight will be massive. We need Tyson Fury back ideally too. I think Miller is a dark horse in the division, providing he has the granite chin he is reported to.

I think Miller's too fat and slow to make a dent against the top guys. Wilder put Jarrell Miller in hospital during sparring as well.
Miller is not elite class- hence why Hearn has him lined up next for AJ, still a 10-20mil bank for AJ
I haven't seen much of Miller but what i did see was he is no match for the elite but would be on the Dillian Whyte level.