Berridge returns 6 march.
Yep, Barry Michael seems to have stacked, well matched cards. Do you box then?
Yep just started back.. One last blast : )
Good on you bro, Am or Pro? I dabbled when I was a kid, I know no-one likes being punched in the face but I took a particular dislike to it and even as a 14 year old it was happening far too often.
Chris Martin, Tua and Heremaia's former trainer, always talked about what a good guy Michaels was. Butcher is getting up in years, let's hope he goes for it after another tune-up.
Yeah I looked at the box rec link tm7 put up, was shocked berridge is 31 later this year.
I agree, good bloke got some great stories too...
Robbie and I came up together in the ams at Northside, I stayed am for a couple of fights and turned pro for 5 fights and hung em up when I had kids....I'm 33 so not quite a senior citizen in boxing years but close : )
Daneo, he went to Thailand to work on some fundamentals, particularly his footwork. I know he was rusty, but any improvement?
Funnily enough the highlights showed all his best punches coming off angle changes or finished with them...
Robbie Berridge back on track with TKO win over Togasilimai Letoa

NZ BOXER: Robbie 'The Butcher' Berridge.

Troubled New Zealand light-heavyweight boxer Robert Berridge has quietly got his career back on track in Australia and now faces a fight in Whanganui next month.

Berridge secured a fifth round TKO win over Samoan Togasilimai Letoa in Carlton, Victoria last Friday night.

It was his first fight since he lost his WBO Oriental and PABA light heavyweight belts to Russian Vasily Lepikhin via a fifth round stoppage in Pennsylvania last August.

It was a costly loss on national TV in the United States for the hard-hitting Berridge who had risen to No 10 with the WBO and was being lined up for a title shot until his one-dimensional approach was exposed.

Since then Berridge, dubbed "The Butcher", has also lost his contract with top New Zealand promoters Duco Events, following an alcohol-fuelled night while ringside at December's Fight For Life in Hamilton.

Berridge, looking to install some new tactics, got the rust out of his system with a useful return to action across the Tasman.

Berridge floored Leota with a right uppercut and the ref stepped in to end the fight soon after with Leota defenceless to a barrage of shots from Berridge in a corner.

He's making his comeback in a high competitive division on the Kiwi scene.

Berridge, with 25 wins, two losses and a draw, will now headline a "Rise of the Fallen" promotion in Whanganui on April 25.

Berridge is slated to fight Waikato's Andrew Robinson who has a 4-2 pro record with both of his losses coming via unanimous points decisions at the hands of the respected Reece Papuni and Nikolas Charalampous.
Haven't had a chance to look at it myself but it appears you can go to this link and watch all the fights from that night.
http://www.gfl.tv/event/Fight/Boxing/Barry-Michaels-Sports--Friday-Night-Boxing/2782