Joshua vs Parker betting
I had it 2-3 rounds to AJ up on the cards. Joe did well early osn, the jab to the body was working well, keeping AJ hesitant. The mid rounds was where Joe needed to really take the fight to AJ. Joe just didn't do enough, and AJ went well in retreat at times, distancing himself from the attacks.
I'm most disappointed on the lack of sideways movement from Joe, he needed to create those angles, and just didn't. Povetkin's style should be something he needs to look at, especially how he steps sideways to create openings for his hooks.

Joe hopefully will come back at some stage. He did us proud.
Well done AJ.
Had it 117/111 myself. Parker was pretty good I thought, he just looked a bit small in there where he couldn't get past AJs jab. People will blame the ref but I don't think it made any difference. Well done to AJ a very controlled performance and hopefully we see Fury back to full fitness in the next year or so where him Wilder and AJ can battle it out to see who the best in the division really is.
i thought parker did well. showed he belonged. now he needs to upgrade his trainer if he truly wants more. but parker is loyal, so probably nothing gets done there.
I think saying Joe should retire is jumping the gun by 4-5 years.
He needs to learn and improve - a return fight in 2 years with AJ with a better plan
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/102750346/joseph-parker-vs-anthony-joshua-lennox-lewis-says-kiwi-did-his-country-proud
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12024132
I thought Joe fought well, it was nice to see him snapping that Jab out again and although Joshua controlled ring position he looked tentative and rarely landed anything of note. I thought Joe could have thrown more in those last 2-3 rounds but its easy to say from this distance.
The great thing with Joe is he has become a great defensive fighter, he slips a lot of big shots and I dont think Ive ever seen anyone hurt him consistently, the trick is for him to now evolve that offensive part of his game and learn to punch straighter and turn his punches over. Its sad to see a lot of online folk condemning this bout but I thought it was a high quality intense strategic contest
Props to Joe and the way he conducted himself through the entire build to post fight, nobody else has gone the distance with AJ in the pro division and in front of 80,000 fans he did him and his family proud
Yes - agreed absolutely.

But here's why RETIREMENT could be an option-
He can spend the next 4 years fighting for peanuts, getting his head whacked by huge guys, hoping to get another shot at the exact thing he already got - or he can retire a multi-millionaire right now.

Bears thinking about...
Parker vs Joshua: Anthony Joshua defeats Joseph Parker via unanimous decision

Parker went the full 12 rounds but was well behind on the scorecards.

A valiant Joseph Parker has fallen short in his bid to become the unified heavyweight world champion, falling to Anthony Joshua by unanimous decision in their title bout in Cardiff.

The British phenom was a cut above throughout the contest, his class shining through as he dictated proceedings from the opening to closing bell in front of 80,000 rabid fans at Principality Stadium.

The victory makes Joshua the undisputed heavyweight world champion, adding Parker's WBO belt to the IBO, WBA, and IBF belts he already owns, and sets up a highly-anticipated showdown with WBC champ, Deontay Wilder.

It may have been a losing effort, but the South Aucklander clearly earned the respect of his highly-decorated opponent. Parker never relented in what was an increasingly uphill battle, and became the first fighter to ever go the full 12 rounds against the former Olympic champion.

The Kiwi certainly had his moments, most notably in the fifth and sixth rounds, although those were likely the only two to go in his favour.

"Today I got beaten by a better champion, a bigger man," Parker said immediately following the fight.

"I'm going to go back, train hard, plan again, and come back even stronger. No regrets, I’m taking it on the chin."

Joshua’s reach advantage combined with his clinical use of the jab proved too much for Parker to overcome, and while the Kiwi landed sporadically, he struggled to close the distance enough to land consistently and inflict the damage he needed to.

Joshua controlled the distance expertly, staying just beyond Parker's punches while countering effectively to the body. Parker, who at no stage seemed overawed by the occasion, threw plenty with power but most fell well short of their mark.

"Forget the hype, Joseph Parker is a world champion, so I knew he was going to be determined," said Joshua.

"Joseph Parker stated this was going to be a war, and I stated it was going to be about boxing finesse, and I stuck to my word."

As the contest entered its middle rounds the Kiwi began to find some rhythm, forcing the Brit to miss and replying with some success.

In the sixth round Parker had his best moments as he ramped up his work rate, catching the Brit with two overhand rights which had Joshua retreating.

However Joshua's over-bearing size began to take its toll, and the referee's quick interjection at any sign of a clinch nullified the Kiwi's ability to do any significant damage inside and played right into his opponent’s hands.

As the bout went into its final stretch Joshua never wavered from his game plan, clinically racking up points and rounds while maintaining his pace.

To his credit, Parker never waned, keeping his output high and showing no sign of a depleting gas tank. Despite the absence of any genuinely decisive shots from either fighter, when the final bell rang there was only ever one winner.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/102751323/anthony-joshua-v-joseph-parker-ref-calls-questioned-after-fight-lacked-flow