Parker vs Joshua, Instead of What's a fair split?
aj/parker
(12-12-2017, 11:52 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 09:43 PM)Msreef Wrote: Browne knocks out Whyte imo

Interesting prediction. You basing that on browne just having too much power?

I think:
Browne has good power
Browne has beaten a better opponent than what Whyte has
Whyte has an over rated chin
Whyte isn't very technically skilled, and I think his power has been a bit overrated

All in all the Browne that beat Chagaev beats Whyte imo, but I guess it comes down to whether that Browne turns up.
Went on the CHB brit forum today there was a parker v joshua thread.

A few quotes for the "all brits worship aj like a god" brigade

Quote:I will put my chips on Joseph Parker - not a great boxer in the traditional sense - but he has the froch factor about him - I see him out gunning oluwafemi in a dog fight -

I hope Lupesoliai La'auli knocks out the stiff bodybuilder & makes Hearn cry 

If Lupesoliai La'auli loses badly he will be a disgrace to the superior Samoan race

I'm going Parker. Joshua is massively overvalued at the bookies.

Joshua's win over Wlad was certainly impressive. But what else has he done that sets himself so far above Parker in people's estimations?

Truth is these guys are both young heavyweights with deficiencies. 

I suspect Parker will hang in there long enough that we will find out a whole lot more about Joshua. It will be interesting to see what those findings are.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/99839434/new-zealand-heavyweight-star-joseph-parker-reveals-his-three-dream-fights-for-2018
Looks like the deal is done. But I don't like the 12 week training camp in Vegas:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11959642
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/99887334/joseph-parker-how-i-can-beat-anthony-joshua
Like i agree with parker and he's saying the right things but heres the problem for me.

For the past 2 years+, despite all their talk about AJ being a big stiff lump tgey have been trying to pile the pounds on parker in an attempt to match AJ for size and strength.

Now taking that weight back off is the right move but I'd have like to seen it come off two fights ago so parker can get used to using his old style.

I dont like making major adjustments for a big fight without preperation.

We will see what happens but i think its too late to go back to the low 230's and start working on movement and angles now, he needed multiple training camps not one.

I also dont trust joe to keep his hands off the boxes of favorites over xmas period. Hes used to eating like a 115kg man now.
He needs to be around 235. Not as worried where his weight will end up as much as his defense and hand speed. Yes, they go hand in hand, but losing weight and not correcting his defense is a problem. Personally, I don't see how Parker can counter AJ's size and power. Yes, angles and movement help, but he wasn't that good at movement when he was lighter. For mine, it was his power and hand speed that went with the higher weight. His defense was average, and then got worse. As I've said before, he needs a new trainer. And a 12 week camp? KB and Parker already said it was too long. So they're gonna do it again? If that happens, Parker will overtrain, and possibly re-injure his elbow.
He was around 239 for Dimitrenko

A very good weight for Parker to aim for.
(12-15-2017, 12:45 PM)Kiwi Wrote: He was around 239 for Dimitrenko

A very good weight for Parker to aim for.

People need to stop looking at that dimitrenko win as being an indication of parker at the peak of his powers. Joe would have blasted him out at any weight. The parker who fought ruiz would have done the exact same job.

In my opinion the low 230s is where he needs to be.