AJ vs Takam
(10-19-2017, 08:34 PM)Kiwi Wrote: You will all owe me 15% if Takam wins

Why? GST?
Yes. Exactly.
(10-19-2017, 08:28 PM)diehard Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 06:33 PM)Kiwi Wrote: I'm going to have a laugh and say Takam will wait for AJ to gas - then take him

Takam TKO in Rnd 9 !!!

Hehe

(10-19-2017, 08:18 PM)Infern0 Wrote: What are the odds on takam ko? It might be worth a punt just cos of the punchers chance, i'd need at least 10/1 though

That's what I'm saying. Give me great odds on a Takam KO, and I'm putting down my $20. For all of you who do the same, and win, remember that your dues on here are way, way overdue.

Takam is 11/1 to win by any method
Joshua ready for late sub Takam
By Bob Hough

World heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (19-0, 19 KOs) participated in a conference call Friday to discuss his Oct. 28 heavyweight fight against Carlos Takam (35-3-1, 27 KOs), a late replacement for Kubrat Pulev who withdrew from the fight with a shoulder injury.
“I feel like Takam, to have his kind of style, not many people who fight that way have long careers. He eats up a little bit of ground each round.”
“The thing you can’t be taught is how to survive in the trenches.”
“My heart is very big and I wear it on my sleeve in this sport.”
“Deontay Wilder is a heavyweight, he’s a champion, he’s winning and that’s enough.”
“In a career, it’s all good going undefeated and looking good, but (Wilder) hasn’t had any memorable fights. He needs a real remarkable fight to stamp his name in the book of heavyweight boxing.”
Eddie Hearn: Over my dead body is a 50-50 split for Joshua-Wilder ever happening!

James Slater - October 22, 2017 28 Comments

It’s arguably THE biggest fight fans want to see take place aside from a return between Gennady Golovkin and Canelo Alvarez: it’s Anthony Joshua-Deontay Wilder in what would be a monster heavyweight unification showdown. But the promoter of one of the two fighters says the fight will only go ahead if Wilder agrees to take substantially less than a 50-50 purse split.

Eddie Hearn, as quoted by The Sun, says that there is simply no way the fight, targeted for next summer, will see the two rival heavyweight title holders split the money right down the middle.

“The deal in Wilder’s head is a 50-50 split but over my dead body is that ever happening,” Hearn stated firmly. “He hasn’t had a serious fight yet and he needs to fight someone real before he can start making demands. I want him to fight Dillian Whyte on February 3 at The O2. That would be an absolute tear-up. AJ would buy a ringside seat for that.”

Regarding the Whyte challenge Hearn has issued Wilder with, there are at least two obstacles: first, Wilder’s promoter Lou DiBella has made it clear he has zero interest in taking this fight for the WBC champ, and secondly, Whyte must first get through his fight on Saturday with Robert Helenius.

But regardless of how Wilder and Joshua get to each other – and we all really do hope this fight happens ASAP – when the time comes, will Wilder be agreeable to the kind of pay-cut Hearn is calling for – should he be? It will likely depend on where the fight takes place, and if it’s Wembley, where AJ can shift close to 100,000 tickets, then yes, Joshua should get the lion’s share of the purse.

But what if the fight takes place in the US, maybe in Vegas (Wilder says Joshua should fight him in America if he wants to become “global”), would a 50-50 split then be fair enough? Fans don’t really care about which fighters gets paid what, they just want to see the best fight the best.

Hopefully money issues will not get in the way of Wilder-Joshua, or a Joshua-Wilder if you prefer. Just who is the A-side in this one?
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/joshua-takam-sat-showtime/83800

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/dillian-whyte-joshua-takam/83682
Predictions for this fight?
I'm picking an upset here, Takam by KO round 8. AJ to gas and Takam to overwhelm him.
Joshua in 3, 4 if he drags it out. Awful fight against an unworthy opponent. AJ is 1-1000 with the bookies, what kind of a title fight is that?
(10-28-2017, 10:08 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: Joshua in 3, 4 if he drags it out. Awful fight against an unworthy opponent. AJ is 1-1000 with the bookies, what kind of a title fight is that?

Yep, AJ is too big and strong for Takam. I do think Takam is a worthy opponent. Certainly as worthy as Pulev. AJ is just too good against these fighters. Wllder? Different story.
Takam is certainly worthy when you look at some of the other mandatories the other champs are fighting - H Fury, Stirverne. Both inactive for 12 months plus and earned their shot with poor wins over Kassi and Rossey.

At least Takam has kept busy smacking over a couple following his loss to Parker