AJ vs Takam
Anthony Joshua: I can’t afford to lose

Unified Heavyweight World Champion Anthony Joshua worked out for the media on Tuesday in Sheffield, England, as the undefeated British sensation continues preparation for his showdown against IBF mandatory challenger Carlos Takam on Saturday, Oct. 28 live on SHOWTIME from Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.

[Image: AJ-Workout-09.jpg]Photo: Mark Robinson/Matchroom Boxing
“This is a must-win for myself and for Carlos Takam,” Joshua told Sky Sports. “As much as my supporters want to see me win, there are still a few people who doubt me and want me to lose and disrupt our plan. They don’t want to see the cream rise to the top.”

Joshua (19-0, 19 KOs) is not taking Takam (35-3-1, 27 KOs) lightly, and said he feels added pressure taking on a new opponent on short notice as Takam replaces the injured Kubrat Pulev.
“Twenty wins, 20 knockouts ain’t bad, but boxing’s unforgiving. So don’t ask me what you do for your 21st fight,” Joshua said. “I can’t afford to lose, and I don’t want to lose.
“Boxing is a sport that’s unforgiving in a sense that if Takam beats me, that loss will stay on my record for a lifetime. That will always be my legacy. It will not be, ‘Oh, he was a world champion, and he did well for the sport of boxing.’ No, no, no, no no. It would be, ‘He’s 19-1.’ That’s the new legacy and I just don’t want that blemish on my record right now.
“I’ve known about Carlos Takam for a long time and he’s a very, very well-rounded fighter. He’s been moving his way up the IBF rankings, so I’ve always had my eye on him anyway.
“I think Eddie did a great job to have someone in place in case these mishaps happen. And when I heard the news I was fighting Takam, of all people, he’s a very strong, game fighter. This is his chance to kind of shock the world.
“Takam is already as tough as they come. He’s so tough. He just keeps on walking forward, and that’s disheartening for a fighter.
“When I’m in there with him, it will be interesting to see how game and ready he is, and what fire he is ready to go through.”
AJ's chin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUhRLpnJsdQ
I'm going to have a laugh and say Takam will wait for AJ to gas - then take him

Takam TKO in Rnd 9 !!!

Hehe
Need to put a quiet $20 on that Kiwi. I might join you.
You'd be better off spending the 20 bucks on a packet of smokes :-)
Don't smoke, but I can buy a good bottle of red wine.
Takam: I'm Not Scared - 80,000 Joshua Fans Means Nothing To Me

Heavyweight contender Carlos Takam (35-3-1, 27 KOs) is very eager to get in the ring with IBF, IBO, WBA world champion Anthony Joshua (19-0, 19 KOs).
Their fight takes place next Saturday night, October 28, at  Cardiff's Principality Stadium in front of 80,000 fans. The fight will be Joshua's first since capturing the WBA, IBO belts with a stoppage win over Wladimir Klitschko in front of 90,000 fans at Wembley in London - back in April.
Takam is coming in on less than two week's notice, after mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev suffered a should injury and withdrew from the bout on Monday.

Takam has faced stiff competition in the past.
Last year he lost a very close twelve round decision to current WBO champion Joseph Parker. One year earlier, he was brutally knocked out by Alexander Povetkin in a fight for the WBC silver heavyweight title. It was the only stoppage loss of Takam's career.
Because they are both world champions and possibly in line to fight in 2018 - many experts will compare Joshua's performance against Takam to what Parker was able to do with the Cameroon veteran.
Against Joshua, Takam will go up against a very hostile crowd, but he does not appear worried about the environment.
"I don't know if I'm excited stressed or confused but I'm definitely ready for the fight. It will be a proper fight," he told Sky Sports News.

"AJ is a good boxer who likes to box and I like opponents who like to come forward and throw punches. I like to get stuck in as well.
"I believe in myself. I never go into a fight thinking I might lose - I'm a winner, I like to win not to lose. I'm not scared, 80,000 fans means nothing to me. I've boxed in New Zealand, Canada, Russia [so] that won't faze me. It's about what happens in the ring. It's about me and him."
What are the odds on takam ko? It might be worth a punt just cos of the punchers chance, i'd need at least 10/1 though
(10-19-2017, 06:33 PM)Kiwi Wrote: I'm going to have a laugh and say Takam will wait for AJ to gas - then take him

Takam TKO in Rnd 9 !!!

Hehe

(10-19-2017, 08:18 PM)Infern0 Wrote: What are the odds on takam ko? It might be worth a punt just cos of the punchers chance, i'd need at least 10/1 though

That's what I'm saying. Give me great odds on a Takam KO, and I'm putting down my $20. For all of you who do the same, and win, remember that your dues on here are way, way overdue.
You will all owe me 15% if Takam wins