King Afa's back.
The former NZ heavyweight champ is back on Friday 13th.....
Of march, in a repeat of one of the most entertaining fights I've ever had the privilege to watch live against The Tutaki Express. Afa's fight on a David Tua undercard against Joey Wilson is legendary and one of my favourite all time fights.
(01-26-2015, 07:50 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: The former NZ heavyweight champ is back on Friday 13th.....
Of march, in a repeat of one of the most entertaining fights I've ever had the privilege to watch live against The Tutaki Express. Afa's fight on a David Tua undercard against Joey Wilson is legendary and one of my favourite all time fights.

please dont tell me a rematch is happening. I wonder who is promoting this? any idea craig?? and where???
Yes mate Bruce Glozier is promoting and its at 'the home of boxing' the ABA.
I love King Afa, but wish he'd stay retired. His style of boxing doesn't have a long life.

Anybody know the website for the NZ Pro Rankings???
Is there a website for the NZ pro rankings?
I know it's not the most accurate thing going around but I usually just use the boxrec one. Would love to see a local one though...
http://boxrec.com/ratings.php?country=NZ&sex=m&division=Heavyweight&status=A&SUBMIT=Go
I actually love watching King Afa fight and think he will be too much for Tutaki.

Sorry to hijack the thread but here's a guy I worry about.
I love the kid, love his attitude, effort and toughness and always love watching him fight and would pay to anytime because he is a warrior! But... is he too tough for his own good???
Will 'The Rock' Quarrie vs Izuagbe Ugonoh
21 January at 19:04 ·
Back to full training twice a day fighting 5 March 6 x 3 min rounds vs Izuagbe Ugonoh
King Afa is great to watch, very entertaining. I really can't understand why he wasn't in the heavy super eight, instead he was on Tuigamala card earlier in the month fighting (and losing to) teak tough Junior Maletino Iakopo. Crazy decision, he'd beaten him twice already, surely he was more worthy than Nansen (who Iakopo beat) and Bryce whatever who's never been heard of since. As for Quarrie, well he's had so many set backs lately he's really got to take whatever chances he can get. Good luck to him its a big ask.
I reckon a good fight for Will Quarrie would be against Asher Derbyshire.
Depends on the drugs with Tutaki, last time he was high as a kite