Pro Fights in other Divisions
I wish this group was active, so many great fights of late so LITTLE discussion. I was going to discuss Stevenson vs Jack but whats the point, catch you guys on the flipside
I was looking for the Stevenson/Jack fight on SKY POP UP. Not there.
Stevenson and Jack battle to a draw

WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis “Superman” Stevenson (29-1-1, 24 KOs) and former two-division world champion Badou Jack “The Ripper” (21-1-4, 13 KOs) battled to a twelve round draw on Saturday night at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

The 40-year-old Stevenson dominated the first six rounds. Jack came on down the stretch as Stevenson wore down. Scores were 114-114, 115-113 Jack, 114-114. Stevenson retains his title.
Jacks plan clearly to let stevenson wear himself out early and then drown him late, his issue is he's not much of a puncher, but he almost pulled it off.

They should just do the rematch, theres too many killers in the division now.
(05-20-2018, 01:30 PM)justafan Wrote: Oh yes!!!
Josh Warrington stuns Lee Selby to win IBF world featherweight title
https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/44185092
And another thing on this fight, I don't know how it was a SD. I thought Warrington won 117-111 myself. Selby had no answer to Warrington's left hook and Selby's jab had no effect at all. In Selby's defence, 2 headclashes which led to cuts didn't help his cause but Warrington's pressure was far too much for him.
(05-20-2018, 09:14 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Jacks plan clearly to let stevenson wear himself out early and then drown him late, his issue is he's not much of a puncher, but he almost pulled it off.

They should just do the rematch, theres too many killers in the division now.

That's also the way I saw it. I thought if it went the distance then Jack would probably take it but Stevenson looked pretty sharp throughout and his stamina surprised me given his age and recent inactivity. I agree that a rematch would make most sense for both of them, as it's hard to see either of these guys footing it with the likes Beterbiev or Bivol and probably not with Kovalev or Gvozdyk either for that matter. Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez on 4 Aug should be a good watch and apparently Bivol will also appear on that card against a yet to be named opponent.
Kovalev vs Stevenson is a fight that should have been made.
Yup that would have been a fantastic fight in their primes. Nowadays id watch it but a lot of the gloss is gone.
This fight is on Tuesday nite for those who haven't seen it.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/adonis-stevenson-and-badou-jack-give-us-a-foty-candidate-and-they-have-to-do-it-again/95065
Saw the Stevenson/Badou fight last nite.  Not impressed with either one of them at this point.   The undercard had Oscar Rivas vs ???.  He'd be a good fight for Parker.  Undefeated.  24-0.  17 KO's. From Canada.  http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/503964