Pro Fights in other Divisions
Indongo: I lost to clearly one of the best

By Bill Green

Julius Indongo: This is part of the sport. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. The knockout came unexpected. My plan was to start off slow and pick up the pace. Maybe it wasn’t the right plan. I didn’t lose to just anyone. I lost to clearly one of the best. I will be back.

Promoter Eddie Hearn: Julius has had an amazing year. He is the type of person and fighter that will come back from this loss.

[Will he return this year or take some time off?] Everyone will have a say in this decision. He has been in the U.S. for three weeks away from family. He may take some time off, but I assure you he will rebound.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/billy-joe-saunders-willie-3/81309
http://fightnews.com/monroe-reacts-low-blow-weigh/4888
SEPTEMBER 16, 2017
Saunders beats Monroe, still WBO middleweight champ

Undefeated WBO middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders (25-0, 12 KOs) scored a twelve round unanimous decision over Willie Monroe, Jr. (21-3, 6 KOs) on Saturday night at the Copper Box Arena in London. It was a dull, tactical fight with Saunders simply the busier man in most rounds. Monroe closed stronger in rounds eleven and twelve…too little, too late. Scores were 117-111, 115-114, 117-112. After the fight, Saunders handed the mic to his young son, who told Monroe “Sorry for punching you in the nuts!”

Unbeaten WBO #8 light heavyweight Anthony Yarde (13-0, 12 KOs) battered Norbert Nemesapati (25-7, 18 KOs) for three rounds, after which the fight was halted.
Saunders-Lemieux Heats Up

It’s official. WBO World Middleweight Champion Billy Joe Saunders (25-0, 12 KOs) will put his belt on the line on Saturday, December 16 against former IBF World Middleweight Champion David Lemieux (38-3, 33 KOs) at a soon-to-be announced venue in Montreal, Canada.
Billy Joe Saunders: “Lemieux looks good against ‘B level’ fighters, but he is now getting in the ring with someone who is far more superior and slick than anyone he has ever been in with. I don’t just want the dog meat that Golovkin has left behind, I want the dog himself and when I come through this fight I will have him. He is a mandatory and we’ve agreed to a deal to go over to foreign soil and get it on. I have a lot of friends in Canada, and I’ll be bringing a lot of supporters over to Canada from the UK. It has all the makings of a good fight. I’m expecting a good, clean, fair decision. Once I beat Lemieux I’ll be moving onto bigger fish; the winner of the rematch between Canelo and Golovkin. I’m looking forward to a great fight.”

David Lemieux: “It’s time to be world champion again. Saunders is about to get destroyed. I’m going to be extremely ready for this fight and I’m going to inflict a lot of pain on Saunders. His 0 must go.”
Spence vs Peterson:

http://www.boxingscene.com/petersons-long-layoff-no-concern-all-spence-fight--122626
Kovalev Krushes Shabranskyy, regains WBO title

Former unified light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev (31-2-1, 27 KOs) regained his former WBO world title with a two round destruction of Vyacheslav Shabranskyy (19-2, 16 KOs) on Saturday night in The Theater at New York City’s Madison Square Garden. Kovalev dropped Shabranskyy twice in round one and floored him again in round two. The fight was waved off by referee Harvey Dock after Kovalev continued to rock Shabranskyy. Time was 2:36.
The legend that is Miguel Cotto has his last ever fight today and its live on sky in NZ. 3pm on channel 55
Thanks justafan, I'm recording it. Will watch it in-between the cricket.
Great fight. Right decision:

Ali dethrones Cotto, seizes WBO 154lb title

By Arvin Nundloll at ringside

Puerto Rican boxing legend Miguel Cotto (41-6, 33 KOs) came up short in his final Saturday night in front of 12,391 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Former Olympian Sadam Ali (27-1, 14 KOs) scored a twelve round unanimous decision over Cotto to take Cotta’s WBO junior middleweight world title by scores of 115-113, 116-112, 115-113.
Both fighters started cautiously, testing each other with the jab in effort to see what lay ahead the next possible 12 rounds. Ali wobbled Cotto in the 2nd with a stunning straight right but seconds later went down via a slip to kill any momentum he may have had. The 3rd brought back and forth action from both fighters leading to intelligent exchanges and a more dominant Cotto round. Ali then turned the tables on Cotto in the 4th, landing overhand right hooks that stopped Cotto in his tracks and building his confidence. Round 6 saw Cotto deliver a right hook that sent Ali flying to the ropes, reminding the younger fighter whose goodbye party it was.
The later rounds become closer affairs as both fighters began slowing down and were able to better time their punches, some landing flush yet still nothing significant between the two to separate them on points. The 10th round brought out another of Ali’s finest rounds as he shocked Cotto with a lunging left hook that backed him up and continued to apply an assault with no response from Cotto. The 12th round saw a reemergence for Cotto which may have saved the day given how close some of the rounds had been.