Andy Ruiz jr
Im a bit dissapointed that he seems to have gone inactive.

Gave JP all he could handle and i felt if he had come in 10lbs lighter with slightly more of an engine he could have become champion. He never once looked out of his depth in the fight.

If i was in charge of him i would have had him back in the gym asap with a fight scheduled as soon as possible. The kid needs regular gym time not massive periods of inactivity.

Realistically hes one win from a title shot, could have been fighting for a title again by the end if the year, but i have the horrible feeling hes going to be onr of those guys that never takes it quite seriously enough.

Frustrating as he has ability.
(03-14-2017, 11:18 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Im a bit dissapointed that he seems to have gone inactive.

Gave JP all he could handle and i felt if he had come in 10lbs lighter with slightly more of an engine he could have become champion. He never once looked out of his depth in the fight.

If i was in charge of him i would have had him back in the gym asap with a fight scheduled as soon as possible. The kid needs regular gym time not massive periods of inactivity.

Realistically hes one win from a title shot, could have been fighting for a title again by the end if the year, but i have the horrible feeling hes going to be onr of those guys that never takes it quite seriously enough.

Frustrating as he has ability.

He may well be in the Gym. Why would he not be? Also after a loss like this they would have to be extra vigilant when choosing the next opponent. They wouldnt want a total bum, nor would they want to fight a contender and incur back to back losses. I think a Fred Kassi-type comeback fight would be what they should be looking at. Also he's still WBO#5 so he's still got a bit to lose. Maybe an eliminator isnt out of the question in the next yr or so.
I hope he comes back with a bang. I underestimated him, and when the 12th round Bell went I was thinking the fight vs Parker would be a SD or Draw. It'll be good to see Andy show the division he is worthy of a title shot.
I'd love to see a Ruiz/Parker rematch in a couple of years once they've both grown and bit in experience.