Free Sky Pop-Up, March 5th
Tony Bellew scores amazing 11th round TKO over David Haye in wild, bizarre fight!

James Slater - March 4, 2017 Leave a Comment

Wow! Tonight at a sold-out O2 in the heart of London, British boxing witnessed one hell of an amazing, even crazy fight. The result: Bellew TKO 11 Haye, doesn’t come anywhere near close to telling the full story.

Haye, who suffered a terrible injury to his right ankle (or Achilles; we must await a full explanation) in the 6th round, was basically a one-legged fighter from the 6th on – yet he refused to quit! Bellew blazed away, scoring a knockdown, the end seemingly not far away, but instead Haye gutted it up like never before in his career and the two went to war in incredible fashion.

The action was almost unreal in rounds 6 through 11, with both men throwing bombs. Haye, though, was almost a pathetic sight, trying as he was to fight with just one fully functioning leg. Bellew was looking very tired by the 8th, having expended so much in trying to get the finish everyone thought was his. But somehow the battle raged on!

In the 11th, with Haye having tried absolutely everything to take Bellew out – even swinging so hard he fell over, completely off balance – “Bomber” sent Haye through the ropes. Again showing incredible guts, Haye beat the count but was soon saved be the towel of his corner.

The two had respect for each other and embraced after the war, and already there is talk of a rematch. But how long will Haye’s injury take to heal?

But tonight’s fight ended up being one that no-one could have, ever, predicted. Had Haye not suffered the injury, who knows? But Haye, showing as much class as he did heart, said post-fight that Bellew beat him, “fair and square.”

We may have seen Bellew score the biggest, most shocking win of his entire career tonight. We may also have seen the end of Haye’s exciting, controversial, up and down career.

Rematch? Maybe, but not for at least eight months.
That was a hell of a fight
Really? I thought as unimpressive as Haye was, he was still well in control of the fight until the injury and Bellew still struggled to put him away until Haye's corner threw in the towel. Having said that, Bellew does have a few options now despite the circumstances of the win.
Haye looked shot from the opening bell. His timing, handspeed, footspeed were all seriously diminished. No sharpness on his shots just wild swinging, awful to see from a once great sharpshooter.

I thought by 4 or 5 that he had shaken off a bit of the rust and would break bellew down over a few rounds. Although that would have been a very unimpressive win if it happened like that.

But the injury did it for him, Bellew was very poor, see miguel cotto vs yuri foreman for how to finish a one legged man. I dont know what it is with bellew but somehow he keeps getting wins.

Not sure what shane mcguigans plan for haye was, with those attributes gone he needed to fight behind a jab, orthadox style. Jab and straight right, keep it simple. We didnt know what haye had left but mcguigan would have and failed to adapt his style accordingly.

Overall pretty sad to see, Haye was a favorite of mine at one stage but he didnt make the most of his talent and now his talent us gone. At least he showed heart i guess.
Thurman defeats Garcia in WBC/WBA welterweight title unification

By John DiSanto at ringside
Photos: Emily Harney

In a huge big WBC/WBA welterweight unification clash between unbeaten world champions, WBA kingpin Keith “One Time” Thurman (28-0, 22 KOs) won a twelve round split decision over WBC boss Danny “Swift” Garcia (33-1, 19 KOs) on Saturday night at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Thurman rocked Garcia several times in round one. Thurman might have edged round two with activity late. Thurman cracked Garcia with big shots in round three. Garcia took them well. Garcia started coming on in round six. Thurman kept his distance the last two rounds. Scores were 116-112, 115-113 Thuman, 115-113 Garcia.
David Haye
Yesterday at 6:02am ·
Back home now chillin' with feet up, after a very successful Achilles reattachment surgery. Strangely after such an action packed fight, I have no aches and pains other then my freshly Reattached Achilles.
Professor James Frame and Kevin Lidlow are very happy with the outcome of my surgery, and are confident of a 100% recovery back to full fitness.
I'm truly overwhelmed with all the positive messages of love and support. From the bottom of my heart, thank you all.
Time to catch up with family and friends before the rehab programme starts tomorrow night.
One Love
The Hayemaker