Wilder vs Washington/Undercard
(02-26-2017, 03:46 PM)Nigs Wrote: Izu come back and almost had brezeale out. Just gassed. Don't understand.

Big step, bigger step than jp at the same stage in their respective careers?

Possibly. The Takam step up was probably greater. It's a pity Izu didn't have those 8+ rounds battles in the past to get him prepared to hit the wall and battle through the gas.
Parker fought guys who were good before he fought Takam. Izu went from D level opponents to A level.
Kevin Barry trains in these poor things such as keeping the right hand lo joe does it as well and always gets caught which is one of the main reasons im sceptical on jp. He literally invites joshuas money punch
(02-26-2017, 03:52 PM)diehard Wrote: Parker fought guys who were good before he fought Takam.  Izu went from D level opponents to A level.

At the parker ruiz fight i was watching with casuals who were so impressed with izu win they were saying he should go for a title fight and i tried explaining that you cant jump up the levels like that. He wasnt learning anything getting rid of guys who put up no resistance.  The one thing you have to say about brezeale is he will drag you to hell if you dont have stamina and experience going long in fights
(02-26-2017, 03:53 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Kevin Barry trains in these poor things such as keeping the right hand lo joe does it as well and always gets caught which is one of the main reasons im sceptical on jp. He literally invites joshuas money punch

Yep. Izu had a great fast, hard jab. Great body work. Explosive right hand. And then he got careless. After that, he was sloppy, no stamina, and at the very end, not punching and waiting to be taken out. That said, Breazeale was hurt also and he kept coming.
(02-26-2017, 04:10 PM)diehard Wrote:
(02-26-2017, 03:53 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Kevin Barry trains in these poor things such as keeping the right hand lo joe does it as well and always gets caught which is one of the main reasons im sceptical on jp. He literally invites joshuas money punch

Yep.  Izu had a great fast, hard jab.  Great body work.  Explosive right hand.  And then he got careless.  After that, he was sloppy, no stamina, and at the very end, not punching and waiting to be taken out.  That said, Breazeale was hurt also and he kept coming.

No survival instinct, almost looked like David Price at the end. He won't come back from that and reach top level, he's 30 not 20 but he can be in entertaining fights
Breazeale KOs Ugonoh to end knockdown-filled war
By Tracy Morin and Brenden Nasianceno at ringside

2012 Olympian Dominic Breazeale (18-1, 16 KO) looked to rebound after his TKO loss to Anthony Joshua last June by taking on Izuagbe Ugonoh (17-1, 14 KO) in a hard-fought heavyweight war. Ugonoh looked sharper from the outset, cracking hard power shots to the body of Breazeale, who complained of a low blow in the second round. Ugonoh’s punches were straighter and more accurate than Breazeale’s often looping attempts, but the fight soon became a back-and-forth battle of wills. A monster third round saw both genuinely hurt–and still throwing with bad intentions–but it was Breazeale who scored a knockdown when Ugonoh himself was on the attack. Ugonoh came back with a vengeance and drew blood from a cut over Breazeale’s left eye (which soon swelled badly), wobbling him with ferocious right hands, only for Breazeale to fire back. Ugonoh had a better fourth round, scoring a brutal knockdown, after which Breazeale rose on shaky legs but survived. In the high-drama, seesaw battle, Breazeale rallied in the fifth, landing hard rights to head and body to score a knockdown. Ugonoh beat the count, but not long afterward he absorbed more power punches and was knocked through the ropes, leading to the ref halting the scheduled 10-rounder at 0:50 of Round 5.
Just need washington to land one on chinny chinny bang bang and end the planned post fight farce and this will be a fantastic night.

Actually will be interesting to see if Parker accompanies his close friend izu to the hospital or stays around to get his 30 seconds of camera time. I pick the latter.
(02-26-2017, 04:14 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Just need washington to land one on chinny chinny bang bang and end the planned post fight farce and this will be a fantastic night.

Actually will be interesting to see if Parker accompanies his close friend izu to the hospital or stays around to get his 30 seconds of camera time. I pick the latter.

So you're happy Izu lost? You'd have preferred him to lose to Breazeale than beat him?
JP does not love the limelight. Anybody with half a brain can see that.
(02-26-2017, 04:23 PM)Msreef Wrote:
(02-26-2017, 04:14 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Just need washington to land one on chinny chinny bang bang and end the planned post fight farce and this will be a fantastic night.

So you're happy Izu lost? You'd have preferred him to lose to Breazeale than beat him?
JP does not love the limelight. Anybody with half a brain can see that.

Not happy izu lost but the fight was better than i expected. I do dislike wilder though and i hope he loses. The planned post fight shenanigans are a complete embarrasment and Joe should not take part in them.