Parker vs Hughie Fury
(05-14-2017, 01:36 AM)African Monkey Wrote:
(05-14-2017, 12:31 AM)Infern0 Wrote:
(05-13-2017, 10:57 PM)African Monkey Wrote: Hammer is average. He beat Teper who was borderline obese after being done for drugs and beat one of many overhyped British fighters David Price who is truly awful but somehow had a huge reputation because he's British. All Hammer had to do in that fight was wait for Price to tire which he inevitably did.

Britain has had the last two heavyweight champions of the world and has something like 11 current world champions

W have joe, who just struggled with some bum nobody has ever heard of.

W need to stop it with this "overhyped british people" stuff because they are an elite boxing nation and if hughie fury schools joe like i predict he will then we will have nobody again and look pretty stupid for all our anti british big talk.

Oh I understand that I'm talking more of the current crop (excluding AJ and Tyson). Wrong choice of words from me tbh I just get annoyed at the likes of Dillian Whyte, Bellew, Chisora, Hughie etc. getting talked up as possible champions when really they are no more than fringe contenders who have barely had a decent win between them.

Whyte and Hughie I don't see the problem with. They are young and good prospects. They could become world champions. When Parker was coming through did you talk him up and say he could potentially become a world champ? Or did you say he's gonna become a fringe contender. My guess is you wanted him to be a world champ and talked him up. There's nothing wrong with confidence and ambition imo. It's interesting that after New Zealand had talked Parker up so much, now the rest of the boxing world are saying he's a hype job after his recent performances.

As for Bellew, he has already achieved his goal. He is a world champ. If anything, Brits said he would never win a world title.
Bellew is a definate overachiever a 175lbr who was undersized at cruiserweight but won the wbc off a legit world champ by ko then went up to heavyweight and "beat" a world level heavy (ok there was luck on his side but who wouldnt take that)

Chisora and whyte are good heavyweights, not quite world class but i think even the british fans know that. Shane wasnt world class but we still supported him