Wilder vs Stiverne, January 17th
Watching Wilder is like watching a raw novice go all out and flailing away. he ends up off balance an awful lot. Thats the opportunity that will no doubt be given to Stiverne on fight night. Stiverne has a solid chin and if he goes down then it will close a few mouths for sure.....

Stiverne needs to get up in his face and take away the room Wilder needs. Im going to go watch some more fights and see whether they can both fight in close.
Flailing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxJ8uOyII58#t=269

He clearly has power, but I will be surprised if Wilder wins. Stiverne will avoid most of what Wilder has, take his time, and then flatten him just like he did with Arreola. This one ends with Wilder with a broken nose and a 1 in the loss column.
Latest Stiverne-Wilder trash talk

As we near the epic return of world championship heavyweight action in the United States, WBC heavyweight world champion Bermane Stiverne (24-1-1, 21 KOs) was a definite winner in the latest war of words with unbeaten challenger Deontay Wilder (32-0, 32 KOs) in advance of their Showtime-televised showdown on January 17 in Las Vegas.
What do you think of your opponent, does anything he does concern you?
Bermaine Stiverne: I think Wilder is a clown. Wilder thinks this is the WWE. He acts like it’s the WWE. This is for real. It is going to hurt very bad.
Deontay Wilder: I have no thoughts about Bermane Stiverne. I’m just ready to fight and leave it all out in the ring.
What should the fans expect on January 17? Do you have a prediction?
Bermaine Stiverne: On Jan. 17 I will hurt Wilder and I will knock him out and it will be a lasting image in peoples’ minds for a very long time.
Deontay Wilder: Fans should expect a great night of boxing and everyone will see January 17. Be there or tune in on TV if you can’t. You don’t want to miss it!
Stormy, I just saw three of Wilder's fights.  I don't see him wild and off balance at all.  If anything, he's fairly passive and methodical until he catches his opponent with a power punch.  Once they feel his punch, he goes hell for leather.  Have a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2SAopcAYxw
While I'm very interested in this fight (particularly to see how good Wilder is.) To call it a world heavyweight title fight is a joke. There's only one heavyweight champion of the world.
I just don't see Stiverne handling Wilder's power.  I also see it as a joke, but in some ways it moves the action away from Klit, as the winner faces Klit.  I don't see Stiverne beating Klit, but I see Wilder in with a chance.
In all honesty I don't see either of them having the balls to fight Wlad, we'll see though. Who do you see winning this fight Die?
I see Wilder beating Stiverne, setting up Klit vs Wilder.  By KO.  Early.  3rd round maybe.  Just to piss off Sham, I've got Wilder beating Klit in an upset.  Klit doesn't do well with power, trying to octopus them.  But Wilder is actually an inch taller than Klit.  If Fury and Klit fight, I see Klit winning.  Just too much ring smarts.
Stiverne vs. Wilder: Bombs Away!

By Mark Klimaszewski | January 9, 2015 | 51 Comments

In what could be the liveliest heavyweight scrap of recent times, reigning WBC champ Bermane Stiverne will face undefeated KO artist Deonte Wilder, on January 17th at the legendary MGM Grand, Las Vegas. This could be the fight to bring heavyweight glory back to its rightful home, and finally reignite the spark that has been absent from the big boys’ division for far too long.

Will Wilder’s undeniable power be enough to overcome Stiverne’s solid chin and vicious countering abilities? Or will the young lion be ‘exposed’ following his widely considered ‘soft’ opposition? With a genuine ‘anything can happen’ element to this potential classic, there’s a lot to be excited about. Jim Lampley’s famous “theatre of the unexpected” tag will be more than appropriate here.

Stiverne has proven himself a fierce adversary with a string of strong performances in recent years, icing his cake with a stoppage win over the usually iron-chinned Cris Arreola in their rematch in May of last year.

Stiverne countered well in that fight against Arreola’s aggressive offense, and floored an in-shape Arreola with a wide right hook in the 6th. Despite beating the count, The Nightmare was on shaky legs, and went down again before being saved by the referee, shortly after beating a 2nd count. Stiverne pocketed the vacant WBC strap in the process, and aligned himself as the successor to Vitali Klitchko’s green-strap reign.

Deonte Wilder has literally obliterated all-comers so far in his KO-happy career. Despite being accused of facing subpar opposition, he has still caught mounds of attention with his undeniable power. Although somewhat lacking in fundamental flair, this is really Wilder’s opportunity to finally prove himself to the doubters. Regardless of the level of opposition he has faced, he has still obliterated a few fairly solid-chinned men, and in doing so has shown his power is certainly not a myth. But power can be overcome with ring savvy and crafty IQ; something which Stiverne has proved he possesses. Wilder’s chin hasn’t been tested yet, but the Haitian slugger will surely be the man to do it. Even if his opposition isn’t leagues above Wilder’s, he has shown he can overcome adversity in the trenches and tag opponents in the heat of battle.

Echoes of Seth Mitchell’s upset loss to Jonathan Banks a few years back show how easily a somewhat protected KO artist can come unstuck when stepping up their opposition. Whether they sink or swim is what makes these types of fights so exciting. However, a win for Wilder, KO or otherwise, would shake up the heavyweight division considerably. A KO win against the tough Haitian though, would surely strike fear into the boots of all the currently active big men.

This should be a “blink and you’ll miss it” type of rumble, so be sure to grab your beer from the bar or fridge before the bell rings. You can bet the bombs will be thrown from the outset, and this one will be very unlikely to go the distance.

2015 may well start with a bang.
(01-10-2015, 11:43 AM)diehard Wrote: Stormy, I just saw three of Wilder's fights.  I don't see him wild and off balance at all.  If anything, he's fairly passive and methodical until he catches his opponent with a power punch.  Once they feel his punch, he goes hell for leather.  Have a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2SAopcAYxw

Oh yes hes ok when he isnt throwing combos eh die. lIt is when he decides o throw down that he chooses to throw control out of the window and he gets away with it because he has speed. I think Stiverne might get put down by Wilder and even KO'd, but he wont go down just because he is a mentally weak fighter......if Wilder sees he has hurt Stiverne, and goes in for the kill like he always does, then that is the time I think Stiverne can catch him.

Stiverne is the WBC champion. Being the Champion doesnt necessarily mean you are the very best. It just means you have a target on your back and a price on your head. Like they say, getting the title is the easy bit.....its defending it that is the hard part.

Style wise, i I think Stiverne is in for a very hard night in the office. His style will suit Wilder right down to the ground unless Stiverne changes his usual tactics. He has to attack Wilder like he stole his girlfriend from him. It might be a great ploy to pretend to have been stunned when he gets hit, to lure Wilder into swinging for the fences, cos thats when he is at his most vulnerable imo.

I cant help but think that Wilder will win this fight. Stivernes jail bar defence leaves him exposed to Wilders straight punches, and Wilder does well penetrating this type of defence. This fight should go 3-6 rounds im thinking :-)