Klit
Looks like we will get every tom dick and harry making interupted appearances in interviews and weigh-ins to get what they want now... have to draw the line somewhere... soon challengers will be stalking outside their homes...how far will this go?
Not only Shannon will get the fight with Wladimir, also the fight might be in AMERICA.... Wladimir is TONTO.
(01-30-2015, 06:54 AM)tuaman Wrote: Not only Shannon will get the fight with Wladimir, also the fight might be in AMERICA....  Wladimir is TONTO.
It'll be a sad day for boxing if this fight happens.
I've just had a look at the WBA heavyweight rankings, if you need your day brighting up its worth a look. They have Briggs at 6, one place behind Fury, who in turn is one place behind Lucas Browne (must be his win over Chauncey). The best though is Aussie Mark de Mori at 7. You really couldn't make it up.
Which is why Parker needs to fight Briggs and de Mori. It'll get him in the top ten.
Not sure why Briggs doesnt get the credit he deserves, apart from The Darroll Wilson KO this guy has a pretty handy resume. Tua barely laid a hand on Lewis yet Shannon had Lennox in serious trouble in the opening rounds of their bout.
Sure his career is winding down and the Vitali fight was a brutal beating (yet Vitali couldnt take him off his feet) but hes always entertaining and hustling like a motherfricker.
Thanks for posting Ibeabuchi, aka Ike. I changed this last word just a little just to keep it clean. Anyway, I think Briggs is a boring fighter with low punch outage but great power. No one likes to see him fight. Which is why he's not rated highly. BUT, he comes to fight, hypes a fight, and would be perfect for Parker's speed. His arrogance gets the best of people, but personally, I like what he offers.
(02-03-2015, 10:04 PM)diehard Wrote: Thanks for posting Ibeabuchi, aka Ike.  I changed this last word just a little just to keep it clean.  Anyway, I think Briggs is a boring fighter with low punch outage but great power.  No one likes to see him fight.  Which is why he's not rated highly.  BUT, he comes to fight, hypes a fight, and would be perfect for Parker's speed.  His arrogance gets the best of people, but personally, I like what he offers.

maybe now people dont want to see him
back in the mid 90s this guy was one of the most explosive young HW boxers on the planet. Fantastic amateur record as well