SBW vs Chauncey
I had a chat with Clarence Tillman at a show once, he wasn't fighting but it was just before his NZ title fight with SBW. He was saying how bad Williams looked and wasn't a boxer, I agreed and was looking forward to him being shown up by a journeyman. I had a bet, what a waste of 50 bucks. SBW has a lot more boxing ability than he gets credit for. I think you could probably get a $3.50 payout on Chauncey.
Well, Clarence can't fight.  Never could.  He's just big.  And SBW and Parker used to spar, with nothing in it.
That does surprise me about Parker and SBW in sparring as Parker had good amateur pedigree.
I think SBW was slightly better. Have a look and tell me what you think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH78s4ZeFFo

I think SBW could have been as good as Parker is now with the right trainer and opportunity, and concentrating on just boxing. And I don't think his fight with Clarence was fixed like some say.
(01-04-2015, 02:18 PM)diehard Wrote: Welcome back Daneo!  Mrs D sent you an email about the new website, but you must not have gotten it.  Serif website was jerking us around, refusing to do anything we asked, so I told them to go get stuffed.  Anyway, you need to get on here often and sort out Stormy and Sham.  They're up to their old tricks again.

Thanks die, good to be back talking with boxing experts again........ and stormy and shamrock : )
SBW is better than some think. But so was Mundine when he only had a few fights...he was just considered to be a leaugue player who was pretty smart milking a few bucks due to his drawing power. A few world title trinkets later, and hes still milking that same old cash cow :-)
(01-05-2015, 01:30 AM)Daneo Wrote:
(01-04-2015, 02:18 PM)diehard Wrote: Welcome back Daneo!  Mrs D sent you an email about the new website, but you must not have gotten it.  Serif website was jerking us around, refusing to do anything we asked, so I told them to go get stuffed.  Anyway, you need to get on here often and sort out Stormy and Sham.  They're up to their old tricks again.

Thanks die, good to be back talking with boxing experts again........  and stormy and shamrock : )

me and sham are only here for the beer, and a chance to argue the toss with the rest of the buggers on here.....glad you turned up to strengthen there side of the argument Daneo, i felt they were losing morale fast, until you just turned up here :-)
(01-05-2015, 03:52 PM)Stormy Wrote: SBW is better than some think. But so was Mundine when he only had a few fights...he was just considered to be a leaugue player who was pretty smart milking a few bucks due to his drawing power. A few world title trinkets later, and hes still milking that same old cash cow :-)

Problem with SBW is Rugby union is still his number prority in regards to occupation, I give him credit for what hes achieved in sport and is rounded gifted athlete with natural skills beyond the average person but we all know that boxing is a fulltime sport especially if one wants to get somewhere in it.
(01-05-2015, 09:50 PM)Cosmic Drop Wrote:
(01-05-2015, 03:52 PM)Stormy Wrote: SBW is better than some think. But so was Mundine when he only had a few fights...he was just considered to be a leaugue player who was pretty smart milking a few bucks due to his drawing power. A few world title trinkets later, and hes still milking that same old cash cow :-)

Problem with SBW is Rugby union is still his number priority in regards to occupation, I give him credit for what hes achieved in sport and is rounded gifted athlete with natural skills beyond the average person but we all know that boxing is a fulltime sport especially if one wants to get somewhere in it.

yeah.....but he is making more money in just one fight, them some make in a whole career. Thats just smart eh? its still a fight of a sort.... If Chauncey decides to throw down hard with SBW.....we would be shocked and amazed (puttting it mildly), but if Cahuncey got sparked, and after putting up a hell of a battle along the way? well, we would of been thoroughly entertained! and left admiring his tenacity and raw display of sheer guts (figuratively speaking).

Id like to see an upset that creates a kind of domino effect around the world. I will be hoping we see how the wheels can fall off at anytime. Stranger things have happened :-)
This is true Stormy he does make nice coin, with his name he brings interest and publicity too...I will now up my bet to a cheeky $10 on Chauncey