What's Next for Parker???
Parker's is making way too many novice mistakes. He barely gets away with it with good fighters like Takam and Ruiz, but if he goes up another level he's gonna get KO'd. Ruiz is not a pressure fighter, but slowly backed Parker into the ropes at will and unleashed.

Parker needs to fight like an early Ali before his three year forced retirement. Parker needs to throw jabs repeatedly and add right hands behind it. He needs to keep circling and never let his back touch the ropes. He needs to get out of range after throwing his combo's instead of eating counter punches. Like Ali, he has power, speed, and decent footwork.

I'm saying he's NOT Ali, but he needs to fight like him. He needs to watch Ali's early fights. Joe is too inactive during rounds, and seemed gassed going into the 12th. Too much strength, not enough conditioning for my taste.
(12-12-2016, 10:47 AM)African Monkey Wrote:
(12-12-2016, 10:27 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: I've got to watch the fight, it seems 9 out of every 10 people on my Facebook news feed are calling it a robbery. Some very well thought of people in NZ boxing circles to.

Could have gone either way but definitely not a robbery imo. Ruiz, like Takam let himself down with a lack of workrate for crucial parts of the fight.

I don't think there was any doubt in the Takam fight! A few scary moments but parker definatly won.
Well... I thought Joe looked good. I did think he lost the fight though, by a couple of rounds, but totally understand the home decision. He worked out his jab, but got countered way too many times. Ruiz is a clever aggressive fighter that can hit very hard. He really does throw surprisingly heavy shots. Congrats to Joe for not standing in the danger-zone to get hit more.

Ive always said Joe needs to lose a couple to be a better fighter. He definitely will do that when he moves up to the next level, starting with Hughie Fury. He's young and a quick learner.

I spoke to him briefly after the fight. He knows where he's at and knows what he's got to do to be the best. A very well rounded humble guy with the right attitude.
(12-12-2016, 11:00 AM)craigyid14 Wrote:
(12-12-2016, 10:47 AM)African Monkey Wrote:
(12-12-2016, 10:27 AM)craigyid14 Wrote: I've got to watch the fight, it seems 9 out of every 10 people on my Facebook news feed are calling it a robbery. Some very well thought of people in NZ boxing circles to.

Could have gone either way but definitely not a robbery imo. Ruiz, like Takam let himself down with a lack of workrate for crucial parts of the fight.

I don't think there was any doubt in the Takam fight! A few scary moments but parker definatly won.
Yeah he definitely did, I was just comparing Ruiz's workrate at times during the fight which cost him similar to Takam.
And Parker's workrate, particularly the first four rounds, also almost cost him. Gotta at least win the first round with your jab.
Parker vs Fury?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11765206
I think the reason a lot of casuals are saying it was a robbery was because the media were hyping up a parker ko all week then it ended up being a close decision. People don't like being sold a bill of goods.
(12-12-2016, 02:16 PM)Infern0 Wrote: I think the reason a lot of casuals are saying it was a robbery was because the media were hyping up a parker ko all week then it ended up being a close decision. People don't like being sold a bill of goods.

wrong Inferno people are jealous..
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/87471383/hughie-fury-could-duck-joseph-parker-to-fight-wbc-champion-deontay-wilder-instead
Lol @ "ducking" parker to fight wilder

Wilder is a bigger fight and more dangerous