Heavyweight Division
(01-21-2016, 01:19 PM)mippy Wrote: Has Delboy actually showed he's still got it? All the fights I've seen from him lately have been average performances against poor opponents

Did Chisora ever have it? Massivly overated.
(01-21-2016, 02:30 PM)craigyid14 Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 01:19 PM)mippy Wrote: Has Delboy actually showed he's still got it? All the fights I've seen from him lately have been average performances against poor opponents

How so? seem's like the average joe gives him 2 rounds against AJ? Yet he went the distance with Vitali, gave Haye hell in a close fight before getting ko'ed, got robbed against the next big thing Helenius (who decided to have a good holiday afterwards and now is ducking him), ko'ed Scott who has beaten Takam's best win and has done more than anything Stiverne's best win has ever done. 

He's a fringe contender/solid gatekeeper but I swear the average joe thinks he's a journeyman. If he had fought Glazkov I have no doubts he would be the IBF heavyweight champion of the world.
Spot on James, good post. Chisora is a dangerous move for Aj. If Aj gets past him he'll be on his way to better things. Chisora and Aj is a solid heavyweight matching, exciting days.
I agree, James. I do think that Chisora hasn't looked very good in his recent bout(s). My point is that I think that Whyte is better than he showed against AJ, and Chisora is worse now than he used to be. He will be dangerous to AJ in the beginning, but AJ KO's him by the 5th. Yes, Chisora is more than a journeyman, a fringe contender is about right.
(01-21-2016, 04:07 PM)diehard Wrote: I agree, James.  I do think that Chisora hasn't looked very good in his recent bout(s).  My point is that I think that Whyte is better than he showed against AJ, and Chisora is worse now than he used to be.  He will be dangerous to AJ in the beginning, but AJ KO's him by the 5th.  Yes, Chisora is more than a journeyman, a fringe contender is about right.
I feel Whyte has a much higher ceiling than Chisora but at this stage of their careers and considering Whyte's 2 year ban and injury in the build up (as well as re-injury during the fight), Chisora is a much stiffer challenge.
I'm not calling it a cherry pick but there's a reason Hearn chose Whyte within 12 months of returning from his ban and knowing his injury status. This was much easier than it could have been 1 year later. Whyte was just as green as AJ.
Chisora's best win is Malik Scott and a past his prime Kevin Johnson last year. In saying that, he was very competitive with Fury (twice), V. Klit, and Helenius.

Have a look at Chisora's last five fights and you get a sense of the calibre of fighter he's been fighting.
(01-21-2016, 04:36 PM)diehard Wrote: Chisora's best win is Malik Scott and a past his prime Kevin Johnson last year.  In saying that, he was very competitive with Fury (twice), V. Klit, and Helenius.

Have a look at Chisora's last five fights and you get a sense of the calibre of fighter he's been fighting.

I won't hold the Helenius loss against him, IMO he could have (maybe should have) got the nod, Scott has great skill and good size, he's just low on fire power and doesn't have much of a chin.

When I look at his last 5 all I see is 5-0 with 4 ko's against fighters he should be beating and is beating. 

If you asked me how a green AJ (who's best win is a green Whyte) would do against Furyx2, Vitali and Haye I would say 0-4 (3ko's)

How do you think he would go?
http://www.boxingscene.com/helenius-relinquishes-ebu-crown-chisora-fight-vacant-title--100526
(01-21-2016, 03:07 PM)james5000 Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 02:30 PM)craigyid14 Wrote:

How so? seem's like the average joe gives him 2 rounds against AJ? Yet he went the distance with Vitali, gave Haye hell in a close fight before getting ko'ed, got robbed against the next big thing Helenius (who decided to have a good holiday afterwards and now is ducking him), ko'ed Scott who has beaten Takam's best win and has done more than anything Stiverne's best win has ever done. 

He's a fringe contender/solid gatekeeper but I swear the average joe thinks he's a journeyman. If he had fought Glazkov I have no doubts he would be the IBF heavyweight champion of the world.
I paid to see him once against Fury, first fight. He came in heavy, barely threw a punch (apart from the second round i think it was) and just generally stunk the house out. I must admit i kind of lost interest in him after that night, i certainly would never pay to see him again. On i bright note i bet on fury to beat him.
Chisora is a better fighter than Whyte but AJ got too excited in the Whyte fight and boxed like an idiot for the first three rounds, they have a personal and public hatred for each other and it showed in their street fight mentalities; 100 other idiots jumped in the bloody ring after the first round.

Against Chisora, AJ will be able to relax and fight properly, hence why I think he will get rid of Chisora early. Chisora is a great defensive fighter and has a proven record against some of the best. BUT he has since said in interviews he has only come back for the money and will not go in there trying to win, he doesn't care. Also, his last three fights under Sauderland have been against guys from the pub in Croatia and he looked terrible. He looked slow, old and bored.

I think Chisora could still be a great fighter but the way he's going at the moment, he's a journeyman IMO.